Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

1 year T&R dreads

the Barrellady
@the-barrellady
11 years ago
1,302 posts

For those of you who are worried that your journey is going slow, don't fret. Who knows how long your journey will take. My picture here is my 1 year 7 day progress using the twist & rip method after letting my hair separate naturally. Some people can have mature dreads in 1 year, some take 2 years. We are all different in our own special ways. Peace

updated by @the-barrellady: 02/14/15 06:16:57AM
melanie rose
@melanie-rose
11 years ago
177 posts
I really love that loc that's longer than the rest! They sure have lots of character:] congrats on the dreadiversary, and many more to come..
KnotLady
@knotlady
11 years ago
300 posts

love it!! looks like fire :D

KnotLady
@knotlady
11 years ago
300 posts

is the lightening on the ends natural?

the Barrellady
@the-barrellady
11 years ago
1,302 posts

My hair lightens with the sun, so it looks darker up top. I think my daughter had the camera setting on vivid color, because it is actually brown with a tad of grey mixed in.

KnotLady said:

the Barrellady
@the-barrellady
11 years ago
1,302 posts

Thanks, my hair was almost to my waist when I started my journey, That one just stayed behind in class:)

melanie rose said:

I really love that loc that's longer than the rest! They sure have lots of character:] congrats on the dreadiversary, and many more to come..
melanie rose
@melanie-rose
11 years ago
177 posts
Holy cow, that's some serious shrinkage. I commend you on your strength, I've realized how many females base their feelings of beauty in the length of their hair. I've literally seen family members in tears over losing 3 inches to a hair cut!
KnotLady
@knotlady
11 years ago
300 posts

that was me when i was 17. it was to my butt andi cut 4 inches and cried.

melanie rose said:

Holy cow, that's some serious shrinkage. I commend you on your strength, I've realized how many females base their feelings of beauty in the length of their hair. I've literally seen family members in tears over losing 3 inches to a hair cut!
KnotLady
@knotlady
11 years ago
300 posts

i hope minedo that!

the Barrellady said:

My hair lightens with the sun, so it looks darker up top. I think my daughter had the camera setting on vivid color, because it is actually brown with a tad of grey mixed in.

KnotLady said:

Laura Earle
@laura-earle
11 years ago
233 posts

I, too, am a fan of LongDread. :) Yeah, my hair's pretty much knotting at the same pace as yours. Looked in the mirror on my 7-month dreadiversary and was a little disappointed at how slowly things were moving...and then realized how ironic it was to think that. For many people, myself included, the goal of dreading is to give up a little piece of one's vanity, to not spend time worrying about your hair, etc. Apparently, that piece of vanity is still intact within me. X( Heh.

/ 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form