dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Dread Shampoo that wont go away!

Daniel Havnesköld
@daniel-havneskld
11 years ago
3 posts

Hi everyone!

So i got a dreadbar from a girl that use to make some wristbands and such for me. She specificlly said that it was mad for washing dreads and so on. The problem i have now is im having a really hard time getting it out of the "roots". I have washed it through twice now with water and its still there.

Anyone got any ideas how to get it out because im feeling a little bit desperate here..... :(

updated by @daniel-havneskld: 01/13/15 09:44:33PM
Kelly3
@kelly3
11 years ago
333 posts

I think it is leaving a residue. Get a clarifying shampoo to start with, in order to wash away the residue, then switch to the BS/ACV wash (search function it) or get the products from here. http://shop.dreadlockshampoo.com/

Daniel Havnesköld
@daniel-havneskld
11 years ago
3 posts

Is it possible that u can just wash it away if i wash it a couple of times? :/

Tim5
@tim5
11 years ago
359 posts

Yes you could, keep washing until it is gone. Then I would do as Adam suggested, just to make sure all the residue is gone. Although I have never used a clarifying shampoo. Obviously don't use it again, and tell her the problem you had, she may not realize it is not suitable for dreads or in all water types.

Daniel Havneskld said:

Daniel Havnesköld
@daniel-havneskld
11 years ago
3 posts

Ye i think i will try to just wash it out with hot water. She said quote "Its made from all organic essential oils" so its not a chemical residue atleast.

Tim said:

Yes you could, keep washing until it is gone. Then I would do as Adam suggested, just to make sure all the residue is gone. Although I have never used a clarifying shampoo. Obviously don't use it again, and tell her the problem you had, she may not realize it is not suitable for dreads or in all water types.

Daniel Havneskld said:

Sussi
@sussi
11 years ago
84 posts

Try"Neutral handdiskmedel", you'll find it at Ica.

http://www.neutral.se/neutral-produkter/reng%c3%b6ring/diskmedel scroll down on the page.

Good luck!

Κύριε Ελέησόν
@κύριε-ελέησόν
11 years ago
92 posts
Welllllll, this is probably BAD advice so take it with a grain of salt buuuut...Once upon a time on my first set of dreads, I used Dr. Bronner's straight from the bottle for a period of time- I had no idea, lol - and oh it was bad. My hair ended up insanely greasy because it wouldn't come out so I finally resorted to Dawn dish soap. I had tried baking soda and vinegar but to no avail. After the dish soap, my hair was super clean but I've been told it's wicked bad for your hair AND scalp because it completely strips your natural oils from them.Like I said, probably bad advice but if all else fails... It worked for me.Best wishes! And with the other suggestions people have offered, you may not need to resort to what I did, lol.
Heather
@heather
11 years ago
1,291 posts

sounds like soap scum. definitely do a clarifying wash. dish soap would work great in a pinch.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

soaps tht are pure soaps dont work in hard water so wont rinse oi]ut u can trey rinsing with dist8lled water then get these www.dreadlockshampoo.com they are made for use in hard water

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form