Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

FREE FORMING HELP

Markelle
@markelle
11 years ago
6 posts

Ok, so I've had locks for 2 1/2 years now. Will be 3 in May. I started out with a head full of thin locks. After Much merging and further damaging by the salons I decided to free form. So for the last 6 months I've began freeforming, no twisting etc etc. The locks on both sides of my head and the back are PERFECT, but the dreads at the top of my head are spacing out, thinning and gaping. Here are pictures. P.S. I use Black soap and Bone Marrow conditioner & castor oil. My hair gets VERY dry if I do not use any of these things Also was wondering would they get thicker in the long run, even tho I decided to free form this late.

updated by @markelle: 01/13/15 09:44:09PM
Castaway J
@castaway-j
11 years ago
585 posts

nice mane! the second pic is a bit too blurry to tell, but to me it looks like theres not many locks on top and you have alot of new hair growth coming in to form new locks.. im glad you decided to cut the salons off to. yeah have awesome thick hair so no matter what i would say that your locks are gonna rock in the long run!

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

looks like typical salon damage just not progressed as far as it could have so your in luck another 2 years would have been disasters

how longs it been since twisting

id say a few months?

give it time u have no scalp showing that i can see so good regrowrth coverage

just give it time that gregrowth wu=ill thicken the roots and give birth to neew dreads toll fill in the gaps

congrats yoir a surviver

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form