Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

question about bed head

LikkleYute
@likkleyute
12 years ago
23 posts

Okay so everyday i wake up i have some serious bed head. Is there anyway you guys overcame this? it is not really a big deal to me except when i go into work sometimes it looks like its all over the place. We can't wear bandanas or anything at my work and was wondering if there is any tricks to make it look more kept without combing or washing everyday ? thank ya'll

updated by @likkleyute: 08/21/21 05:34:36PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

LOOK AT SHADOW IF YOU SEE SOMETHING STICKING OUT WEIRD TakE HAND PAT AROUND TILL U FIND IT AND FLATTEN IT DOWN

but the more u can let it be the better

srry damn caps again

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Katie Fairchild2
@katie-fairchild2
12 years ago
9 posts

Bed head is the best part of having dreads! And with work, i always have my hair back or in a bun. . Pretty soon though, they will attach! :]A big thing that helped me is when Idry my hair after a shower, i blow dry them...but I blow dry them downward starting from the roots. If you do them, then then will lay down, but If you flip your hair over and blow dry them it will blow loose hairs upward making them stick out. Hope this helps :\

Tim5
@tim5
12 years ago
359 posts

I have new dreads ( heaps of loose hair and baby, half dreads). They are messy when I get out of bed. I did have ten year old dreads a little while back and I dont remeber bed head being a problem with mature dreads. So if your dreads are new, its just a phase. If they are mature, then I dunno, like SE said, pat them down.

Myschyf
@myschyf
12 years ago
115 posts
I usually just give them a good shake, sometimes spritz with plain water if they are poking out real bad. I work at Home Depot so I can't wear anything either unless it says Home Depot. And no bandanas either. Worst case I have a single wrapped elastic that ill loosely as possible pull them back for the day though I try and just give into the weird bed head. Try a good shake out and pat with plain water.
Hans Miniar Jónsson
@hans-miniar-jnsson
12 years ago
74 posts

here's what I do when I'm supposed to be "presentable" for sake of others.

First thing in the morning, I go to the bathroom. After I wash my hands I don't towel dry them, I simply run my hands over my head. Long slow deliberate strokes from the forehead and back.
I then put a simple, lightweight bandana thing on, so that the hair dries being pushed back.
When it comes off my head about 10-20 minutes later because I'm ready to "go", the "mussed" look has become quite tame.

I hate it.

Sarah Nater
@sarah-nater
12 years ago
9 posts
Myschyf i wore a head band that was wider on too to hold in my dreads while working at home depot. It was just plain brown and nothing was ever said. However everyone including assistant managers and the store manager gave me hell until i mentioned discrimination against my religous beliefs. :)
Sarah Nater
@sarah-nater
12 years ago
9 posts
Gave me hell about my dreads*
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form