Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

using beeswax for a year then converting to natural. NEED TIPS !!

THE_bagels
@the-bagels
12 years ago
4 posts

I started myjourneyNov. 27th 2011. i would always get my hair retwisted every two-3 weeks. of course id use beeswax, gel,and clipsevery time w/o washing my hair for about six-7 months. I wanted mine alot bigger so i interlocked alot of them together around the end of june 2012 . they are bigger and locking, but recently i discovered that beeswax and repeditive twisting can damage hair and it can stunt the growth of your hair . i dont believe in cutting hair at all anymore and i want my journey to last the rest of my life with no pausing of the growth of my hair . i want them to my ankles (even further eventually) . a few weeks ago i washed all of the beeswax and gunk oudda my hair with ACV , sea salt, and warmchamomille tea. Now im just seeking guidance on healthy growth and healthy locking. the only thing i use on my hair now is dr. miracles grow oil and maybe grease for my scalp beacause my scalp can get dry . neatness is of no concern to me . im not trying to look like flocka or any other rapper with dreads; i could care less. i started my journey for the journey thats itt . so you know the texture of my hair, i am black and white. father black, mother white . my hair is not thick thick, but before starting my journey people always told me i have "good hair" . i jus want some tips. i will be uploading pics of my journey, from pre-journey until now . somebody , anybody . HELP .

updated by @the-bagels: 01/13/15 09:37:28PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

beeswax doesnt just wash out so u have to agresivly remove it follow the wax removal tips here and get the wax b gone

interlocking twisting all thats bad news so just stop..

seperate by pulling them apart the popping method

wash wash wash

wash waty more often

try these www.dreadlockshampoo.com

you may not need the grease anymore

if u do still aloe or jojoba is better

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
THE_bagels
@the-bagels
12 years ago
4 posts

so the aloe and/or jojoba will keep my scalp itch free healthy and moisturized ?

THE_bagels
@the-bagels
12 years ago
4 posts

thanks a milllllllll ! i was trying to set up a pay pal account but i encountered errors . i will hopefully order that in the next two weeks . I have alot of loose hairs though and i know i should just let them do what they do , but would it be ok to palm roll them in (magic lock gel[organic])with neighboring dreads ?

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

dont palm roll at all

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
THE_bagels
@the-bagels
12 years ago
4 posts

yesssssir

soaring eagle said:

dont palm roll at all

Supa Dread
@supa-dread
12 years ago
100 posts
Whattup my dude, I did the same thing you did to start, I'm also mulatto and my hair has dreaded real fast since I removed my wax with the wax be gone. I had 6months worth of buildup and it took me 4 applications. We even got the same length hair, so you should get similar results. (Similar texture too it looks like) I have lock magic gel bit barely use it, only for special occasions. as far as itching goes that's a by product of all the Shit they put in your hair, after a few bs washes with oils and sea salt and ur acv wash, it'll be gone, only to return. every 3-4 days when it needs. to be washed. Best of luck homie , any questions hit me up.
Kelly3
@kelly3
12 years ago
333 posts

If you are dreading solely for the journey, I think you would find it far more satisfying and rewarding if you took them out and went natural. You wouldn't have to cut your hair. Just get the wax out and brush very carefully from the tips, working back. There may be some damage, so if you got an inch or so trimmed off, it might be best. Since you have good hair for dreading, it should section and start to dread even if it is short. I started at about 3 - 4 inches and it is going well, and my hair isn't as good as yours is for it, although it is curly.

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form