Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Congo cut in half

Marc Fisher
@marc-fisher
12 years ago
15 posts

so yesterday I had a pretty muchirreparablecongo cut down the center about half way and i ripped it apart, that ones doing fineish so im not too worried, the otherirreparable congo however was far to thick and had to be cut all the way.

my question is should i remove the loose hair? or just let everything sort its self out? much appreciated people

updated by @marc-fisher: 01/13/15 09:37:00PM
Star Gryphon
@star-gryphon
12 years ago
190 posts

I'm sorta confused as to what you are asking...
If the congo is too mature to be separated without cutting into it or completely removing it from your head it should have been left alone.

Star Gryphon
@star-gryphon
12 years ago
190 posts

That....or you are not separating enough.

Baba Fats
@baba-fats
12 years ago
2,702 posts

If they were truly too mature to rip at all, and you had to cut, that is not optimal. But if you felt it had to be done, it had to be done. I know it can feel uncomfortable.

Those loose hair need to stay. They need to retangle back into the lock. If you snip them off, you will be weakening the lock more than it already has been. Same with the one you ripped.

If you have pics, I'd love to see

Star Gryphon
@star-gryphon
12 years ago
190 posts

Actually...Baba is right when he says if you felt it needed to get done then it did....

I am guilty myself of removing 3 mature dreads that I brushed out...

Loose hair is important...They'll find their way into where they need to go eventually...

Tara C
@tara-c
12 years ago
644 posts

I separated two dreads that weren't congos, but too thick, making it uncomfortable. I was able to rip them, and it caused a lot of loose hairs and fluffiness, as you'd imagine. I've left it as it is so that it can dread up again. So just leave it as it is, is my advice. And of course, separate regularly if you want to stop it from happening again.

Heather
@heather
12 years ago
1,291 posts

i recently ripped a couple of mature locks. i was in constant scalp pain so it had to be done. they tightened right back up after a couple of washes. i have one though that is quitescrawnyand i'm concerned that it will fall off completely so i wrapped it with embroidery floss and i'm hoping it will hold up over time. ripping definitely caused a lot of little broken hairs falling off but it got better after washing a couple of times so just leave them be.

Marc Fisher
@marc-fisher
12 years ago
15 posts

Il get some pictures up tomorrow, thanks for the help people :)

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form