Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Soaking, washing, bunching, separating...

Mama Kat
@mama-kat
12 years ago
7 posts

When I wash my 2 month old baby dreads, the underside gets very bunched together & some of the very bottom dreads suck their tails (is there another word for this?) up inside of themselves. I do a BS/EO/water soak, then an ACV/water soak once a week. I've used cool water & haven't scrubbed. Is this normal? Should I wait until they're dry to separate again?? Can I pull the "tails" out or should I just leave them be??

updated by @mama-kat: 01/13/15 09:36:20PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

pic of the tails? i think u mean they are blunting themselves?\u should seperate while wet or damp its alot easier then when dry

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Mama Kat
@mama-kat
12 years ago
7 posts

Yes!! They are blunting =/

Baba Fats
@baba-fats
12 years ago
2,702 posts

If they want to blunt, that's what they will do. If you can stop it withoutaggressively ripping them apart, try it on 1 and see how it works. But they may just want to blunt. Just be aware that blunted tips will take longer to dry.

And yeah, it's easier to separate them when wet. But you may not need to separate as often as you think. I have a video tutorial on how to separate. You only need to when the body of the lock starts tangling with other locks. If the roots are tangling, it's not a bad thing.

Mama Kat
@mama-kat
12 years ago
7 posts

That's what I was worried about, if they're blunt, it's harder for the water to run out, right? I got one undone, but it's the back of my head & I can't see what I'm doing =/

I did watch your tutorial last week =) it gave me peace of mind about my crazy roots lol =) but when I wash them, they start to fuse together & I'd really like to keep them fairly small =D

I'll try to get a photo of my blunted babies...

Thank you both <3

KnotLady
@knotlady
12 years ago
300 posts

i have LOTS of them and im almost 4 months in. i did pull one tail out, but it wasnt too hard to do. for the most part theres not much you can do but learn to love them. the ones that got all bunched up and blunted are the ones that have dreaded the fastest, so thats a plus.

Mama Kat
@mama-kat
12 years ago
7 posts

Hmmm...maybe if I can get them un-done I'll do wraps on them??

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form