Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

HELP !

eva
@eva
12 years ago
38 posts

Hello ! I have always wanted dreads for as long as I can remember ! Finally, im taking the leap into dreadlock world. However, I'm only partially dreading my hair because I want to see how they look and if I like them enough to dread the rest of my head. So a couple on the bottom nape of my neck, and a couple in random spots. I've decided to use the twist and rip but noticed that there are a lot of loose hairs. From what I know you can either crochet them in, or just let them naturally. I'd much rather let them lock naturally, however I was wondering if this would be a bad idea or conflict with the rest of my hair since I'm not dreading my whole head. Thank you guys so much !

updated by @eva: 01/13/15 09:35:30PM
Rainbow Fortune
@rainbow-fortune
12 years ago
123 posts

Just let them lock naturally.

You can glue them together, too, but that doesn't mean you should. :)

Crochet is, as you probably know, very damaging.

And there's nothing wrong with partial dreading, just be careful when you comb the rest of your hair, and that's it. :)

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

crochet would be a very bad idea theres suposed to be aklot of loose hairs and they will si=uck in on their own

it really is a shame that anyone things you can crochet them in thats just such a bad idea but so many peope think its the right way to go..

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
eva
@eva
12 years ago
38 posts

Thank you so much this really helped ! So, what about likewrapping themto help with the lockingbetter than crochet ? I also read that you can use a wide toothed needle if you want, because it doesn'thave a hook and its less damaging. ShouldI consider that ?

Rainbow Fortune said:

Just let them lock naturally.

You can glue them together, too, but that doesn't mean you should. :)

Crochet is, as you probably know, very damaging.

And there's nothing wrong with partial dreading, just be careful when you comb the rest of your hair, and that's it. :)

eva
@eva
12 years ago
38 posts

Thank you ! Ya, I'd much rather let them go naturally, but there truly is a lot of loose hairs aha. Uhm, what about using a wide toothed needle for just a little bit of maintenancein the beginningor at least after my firstwashing ? Because Iread that the wide toothed needle is less damaging then the crochet hook ! Thank you so much, this is really much appreciated !

soaring eagle said:

crochet would be a very bad idea theres suposed to be aklot of loose hairs and they will si=uck in on their own

it really is a shame that anyone things you can crochet them in thats just such a bad idea but so many peope think its the right way to go..

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

poking holes breaks hairs creating loose hairs..just leave em be they qwill take care of themselves

wrapping can help sorta but sqy=uisj=hes them so u end up with skinny tails off thicker roots

better to let them do theor thing

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
eva
@eva
12 years ago
38 posts

Thank you so much ! Natural way it is, I'll update with some pictures !

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form