Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

dreads becoming too thick for my liking, what to do!

Alice Shaw
@alice-shaw
12 years ago
9 posts

my dreads are about 4 months old now, and almost all of them are just too thick !

my hair is about medium thickness and i have around 30, and i have realised they are maturing in a way i dont like haha

would it be worth combing them out and starting again (id leave the thinner ones though i think

ive tried splitting one but i literally al half way down and it will not split any more !!!!!

help me please ):

updated by @alice-shaw: 01/13/15 09:25:41PM
Brooke Weber
@brooke-weber
12 years ago
7 posts

I would say... Let them do their thing. They will become tighter and more compact, and thus smaller.

Baba Fats
@baba-fats
12 years ago
2,702 posts

Are you trying to split them wet or dry? I've heard it's easier to rip them apart when they are wet. Also, you could try using aloe Vera or olive oil to help loosen the hairs. At 4 months it'd be a shame to comb them out and lose all that progress.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

how thick are they

if its only a couple and arent really really thick then leave em

lets see em tho

it might not be a problem unless they are pretty thick 30 is average number so couldnt all be too thick

how bigs the root section

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Alice Shaw
@alice-shaw
12 years ago
9 posts

i was trying dry but i'll give it a go wet thankyou :)

and i cant show you them no camera ): but afew of them are literally 3 times bigger than id originally wanted them to be,

all the sections are around an inch but these 3 times bigger ones are an inch and a half more like, i think i may split/comb out just those ones for now :)

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form