Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

help?!

Joanne Smithson
@joanne-smithson
12 years ago
3 posts

im awfully new to dreadlocks, and have been 'naturally dreading' my hair for around a month. the problem is, my hair is barely past my chin, and i yearn for the very long natural dreads. does anyone know if it's possible to have dread extensions or just regular clip ins while my dreads are still little babies? sick of looking like a frizzy hair-ed egg! thankyou in advance for all replies and answers! and also, i apologise if ive put this in the wrong category!

updated by @joanne-smithson: 01/13/15 09:23:52PM
Mechell Arant
@mechell-arant
12 years ago
56 posts

aww, mine are shorter and pretty damn sassy, if i must say so myself. i've seen extensions used, but i don't think i would go that route. seems to me you could damage your babies. even clips could pull your little knots if not used carefully. i did decorate mine early on though with some beadage and such to add some interest...

i'd say clips if you go with extensions.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

welltentions need well formed dreads to anchor onto andthey add weight so some say slow progress most who get extentions cut em off thunking they are a waste of time

i started with mine only a couple inches long and now they ar a foot past my toes

they will shrink the 1st year then grow grow grow

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Mechell Arant
@mechell-arant
12 years ago
56 posts

mine shrank only slightly less than they grew, so it wasn't that noticable. i say grab you some funky ear rings and such and own the sassy dreads after thinking about it!

Joanne Smithson
@joanne-smithson
12 years ago
3 posts

thankyou for your comments! i wish i had the courage to try and pull off the short dread look, but i think i much prefer the longer style! got myself in a bit of a pickle here, but i love my children too much to damage them! thanks again!

Joanne Smithson
@joanne-smithson
12 years ago
3 posts

also, by extensions, can i literally just use the clip ins i used on my regular hair, but matt them up a little more?

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

id guess but i know nothing about extentions and the few ppl here who did have em took em out after just weeks and probly would advise against them

but should work

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form