Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

dread dreams

Jordan Koopa
@jordan-koopa
12 years ago
19 posts
So ill start by saying my first dread experience was the waxy manufctured type, I had wanted dreads for several year but believed my thin straight hair wouldn't knot on its own. Dumb, I know. So in December I took the plunge and backcombed and waxed. From day one I dreaded the feel and look of my hair. I looked like sideshow bobs wax statue. I kept this hair for a month hoping it would turn out like the rest of knottyboy wax customers. In that first month I had dreams about me cutting my locks, shaving my head, people telling meto cut them, etc. Terrible dreams to have when you first get dreads. These dreams ultimately lowered my confidence about my hair. I was days away from shaving my head when I found this site and learnt the real truth about natural dreads. So days later I combed my hair got all the garbage out and started the proper way. I'm 2 months into natural and havent had a single dream about my dreads, good or bad. Which is a good thing I think. As well my confidence is on the rise. I dunno how to end this so here it goes. The end
updated by @jordan-koopa: 01/13/15 09:21:57PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

u wanted them to look like other knottyboy victims?

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Jordan Koopa
@jordan-koopa
12 years ago
19 posts
I thought it twas the only way a white guy with thin straight hair could get dreadlocks. And with 3 friends wo had gone to hair school said that's how they were taught. Now is a different story I would never give up my unique knot
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

hair schools teach dreads all wrong

its the oposite with me when i started the only way i ever heard of was stop combing and let it dread

it wasnt till 10 or 165 years later that i heard of backcombing and wax

and as few years after thwt i heard of interlocking and crochet

and now we have the multi head riootating reciprocal dreadlocking tool that mangles up hair

and other rediculouse things

it seems the simple thihbfs get more and more complicated and rediculose at tghe same tikme

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Castaway J
@castaway-j
12 years ago
585 posts

cool! im glad you arent having any bad dreams about your dreads anymore. that would really get annoying fast. i had a couple good dreams about mine when i started them last year, but nothing since. one of them though really made me at ease inside about having them, and thats a great feeling to have :)

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form