Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

accessorizing baby dreads

Aya Heartright
@aya-heartright
13 years ago
91 posts

Hey. I have baby dread that were formed through tnr and going to be neglect maintained. I was wondering if there is a length of time/dreadiness that should be passed before its ok to start putting beads, wraps etc. in my hair. Should I wait a few months till they figure it out a little better? I hope they get fatter because they are really, really, skinny right now. Don't want to hinder any growth by putting stuff on them :)

THanks a bunch <3<3

updated by @aya-heartright: 01/13/15 09:14:12PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

i went neglect by putting beads in str5aight undreaded hair and let it dread

u can o]put beads in now ..however they will thickebn up this may cause the bead to be permenantly stuck in a thinner spot with thicker dread aba=ove and below

wraps may make the whole wrapped part thinner permenantly

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Aya Heartright
@aya-heartright
13 years ago
91 posts

but if i wait for the dreads to mature a little more then this wouldn't be a problem?

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

not at all

--
Aika
@aika
13 years ago
57 posts

i find beads help tremendously in the dreading process. my dreadies are getting thicker even though they started out pretty thin. i just make sure to move the beads around before they get stuck. but seriously they help a lot. some of my most cylindrical and knotted dreads had beads on them early on (i used tnr also by the way).

Aya Heartright
@aya-heartright
13 years ago
91 posts

Can I just get wooden beads at likeWalmartor wherever? I have 35 super tiny "dreads" because my pony is like, the size of a dime when pulled back (pre-tnr, now its like a quarter, yay!)

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

yup u can but do keep in mind they will get thicker

--
Aya Heartright
@aya-heartright
13 years ago
91 posts

Did your tnr fall out? I showered today and noticed that all the hair towards the nape of my neck completely unknotted and the rest lost about half and is just silky smooth hair, which was weird because my hair normally gets super tangled and messy after showering =/

Aika
@aika
13 years ago
57 posts

i dont know if you were talking to me, but yea, a lot of my tnr dreads came out the first couple weeks. just give it time. put some beads in your hair, wash, separate, and relax. the less you play with your hair the better and faster it will knot up. use sea salt rinse or spray to speed it up but dont over do it.

Aya Heartright said:

Did your tnr fall out? I showered today and noticed that all the hair towards the nape of my neck completely unknotted and the rest lost about half and is just silky smooth hair, which was weird because my hair normally gets super tangled and messy after showering =/

Aya Heartright
@aya-heartright
13 years ago
91 posts

Thank you dear. :)

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form