Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

shrinkage and growth

BoomBiddyByeBye
@boombiddybyebye
13 years ago
13 posts
So I've had my dreads coming up on 2 months and everything is coming along just fine.I'd like to know if my dreads will become any shorter as the mature? I backcombed to start off and lost about a inch to inch and a half off length. But I've noticed that my dreads haven't really got any longer over the past 2 months. So what can I expect in terms of growth and any shrinkage, if anyPeace
updated by @boombiddybyebye: 01/13/15 09:09:50PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

expect to lose 1/2 to 3/4 of the length the longer it wasto start the more it shrinks in general if u only losrt 1 inch in backcombing im guessing u only had 3-4 inches to start so expect to lose another inch or 2 or so then when mature it grows great but think of it like a sl]pring recoiling to maximum compression where it kinda stays before slowly begining to grow then gathering speed and growing faster

typicaly the sthrinking can happab at 3 months or 6 or 8 by 9 or 13 u reach the stalled out not oing much of anything then somewhere in the 2nd year it staerts growing slow by mid year 2 ypur growing near normal and end of year 2 gained a decent bit

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Tessa Smith
@tessa-smith
13 years ago
59 posts

I did backcombing when I first started. I'm at about 8 months now and I lost about 4 inches all together. It started shrinking around 4-6 months and seems to have stopped within the last month or so. I have ones the size of my pinkie finger, I'm so excited for them to start growing. ^.^

BoomBiddyByeBye
@boombiddybyebye
13 years ago
13 posts
I supose someone with long hair will obviously lose more because of the ratio of hair that needs to shrink, my ones in the front are only down to my nose, so if I had to lose 2 or more inches I won't have much hair left, the ones on the side are long enough to cover my ears completely, does the new growth not cancel out some of the shrinkage?
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form