Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

separating locs and shirnking

V2
@v2
13 years ago
75 posts

I've read several posts about separating locs. I just tried to do it, i have many times, but today i realized that it feels so unnatural as well as being a lot of work. am i doing it the wrong way? I have a lot of separating to do particularly on my right side, and i only do it once a month when i also do some palm rolling.

I also can't believe how much my hair has shrunk, everyone is asking me if i cut my hair. :-) how much more shrinking should i expect? It has been four months now.

peace

updated by @v2: 02/14/15 08:23:58AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

why palm roll but id seoerate weekly the 1st year when wet

if u do it after every wash its not a bu=ig deal

and wekkl shrinking alot

1/2 to 2/3 of the original lengths normal less if short..more if long

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
V2
@v2
13 years ago
75 posts

Yeah my hair was under my shoulders, you can see the picture how short it is now! But i know they will grow eventually. In how long do you think i will actual growth? I do less separating because at first i used to be obsessed with them, now i just wash them let them be, except for once a month.

Thank you guys!

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

usualy round 13 months

thats when threy start to grow

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
V2
@v2
13 years ago
75 posts

Alright, i can deal. I am sure the shirking will make them even more beautiful since they will be quite tight.

Thanks SE

Mary
@mary
13 years ago
140 posts

I seriously recommend separating them. Use some vitamin E oil (real, not the one with fillers) so it won't be as painful. I can't help you with the shrinking but it will grow out in no time, relax.

Shanxon Lemasters
@shanxon-lemasters
13 years ago
411 posts

Personally I used to be obsessed with seperating and even kinda hindered a couple dreads from over seperating, so I cut way back I went to about twice a week maybe three times, now I'm just at whenever I feel something that needs seperated or once a week, tho I find it easier to seperate when dry for some reason when everyone else says to do it while wet, *ponders*

Heather
@heather
13 years ago
1,291 posts

me, too. i have a harder time breaking the hairs when they're wet than when dry. i really try to not separate too often though because i have a ton of loose or broken hair now which is really irritating.

Shanxon Lemasters said:

Personally I used to be obsessed with seperating and even kinda hindered a couple dreads from over seperating, so I cut way back I went to about twice a week maybe three times, now I'm just at whenever I feel something that needs seperated or once a week, tho I find it easier to seperate when dry for some reason when everyone else says to do it while wet, *ponders*

Medusa
@medusa
13 years ago
57 posts
Same here. Wet hairs want to just streeeeettch...when it's dry I can pull them apart much easier and less stressfully. Not sure why but I feel a bit panicked when I go to separate a couple of dreads and the hairs connecting them just stretch and refuse to break!!!

Shanxon Lemasters said:

Shanxon Lemasters
@shanxon-lemasters
13 years ago
411 posts

*whew* so glad I'm not the only one everything I read always says to do it wet, but my hair just stretches and pulls and is more painful to me than when it's dry, not to mention more work :P

/ 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form