Dreadlocks Forums

an idea/

Miles Robertson
@miles-robertson
13 years ago
13 posts

FIRST;

and update!

my natural dreads are coming alongmagnificently! I AM 5 MONTHS BRUSH FREE!

the back of my head is well and truly dreaded, and seemingly mature too! the sides are coming along great (which was a problemjusta couple months ago)
my fringe is also dreading up very nicely, and i am immensely satisfied with progress.

I also have a large congo consisting of 3 dreads that i have decided to keep on the left hand side of my head. HE IS AND FOREVER SHALL BE; THE GREAT DEKU TREE!

NOW;
to the discussion!

recently i have been letting my friends add whatever they want to my dreads. whether it be feathers, shells and such whatnot.
now, my girlfriend recently wrapped up some of my loose hair in cotton, and for decoration, added a shirt button to it.
iv had cotton wrapped into my hair before, and the result of leaving it wrapped for a few weeks, nearly a month, is ... a perfect dread, waiting to be released from its woollychrysalis.
NOW! what i would like to know... has anyone actuallyjusttried:
sectioning the hair... wrapping sections in cotton... leaving for a month... taking off cotton.. and voila! dreads???? i know the favored method for dreads around here is oh-natu-ral, but im surprised i havent heard of anyone doing this before as opposed to the natural process, or any OTHER kind of process for that matter!

YOUR THOUGHTS GUYS!! I WANT THEM!
sort of. any one got any experience in this matter?
anyone tried it?
anyone know someone who's tried it?
YOUR THOUGHTS!
GO!

updated by @miles-robertson: 01/13/15 09:02:48PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

kat tried it earluy on but maybe had waxy hair underneath i cant remember but she looked like =she had a head covered in tampons

dont think it helped

she did dread up after removing them

but a hair wrap or bead would do just as good

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

i had several hemp and enbrodery when i began i left em till they literaly decintegrated

the embroidery wraps lasted months to a year the hemp several years

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Jackie
@jackie
13 years ago
78 posts

Ok, I do NOT want to look like a head covered in tampons LOL...I think the cotton thing is a good idea though, except I wonder if it'll start leaving lint in the dread as it breaks down.

Terence Shipp
@terence-shipp
13 years ago
18 posts
THE GREAT DEKU TREE! |,,/
DeEman
@deeman
13 years ago
4 posts
That ain't such a bad idea... I would try but it's a little late for me, ah too bad i'm addicted to hooks:(
Makaila
@makaila
13 years ago
9 posts
yes! the first time i decorated one of my dreads with string it did this, tightens up the loose hairs and the dread itself :) thought it was pretty cool as well
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form