Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Hello Everyone

OptimumTrip
@optimumtrip
13 years ago
7 posts
Im Renzo..Im from D.C i Been dreading..(ipreferthe term locks) for about 3 years...I started by just braids and let them lock..then i double them and palmed rolled them tolookinglike dreadlocks. I started them one my family try toconvinceme for years. I think they are beautiful on all people. And 3 its my way of representing the struggle for black men i this country. We are judged because of them..not hired for jobs considered "pot-heads".."thugs" or lil wayne wannabes and its much more then that..its kinda like a lion out the jungle representation for me. i get my hairre twistedonce a month and i do take care of it and wash it.
updated by @optimumtrip: 02/14/15 06:32:22AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

welcome i would really recomend you stop retwisting them that can severely weaken and thin the roots even make em break and eventualy can even cause permenant bald spots

u should leave em alone only wassh and seperate and thats it

glad ya joined us

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
OptimumTrip
@optimumtrip
13 years ago
7 posts
yeaa i have noticed..that some of my locks are thin in the middle and i think its because the twisting nd getting them twist different ways..thank you..ill take that into consideration.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

i would stop all together im sure youve heard of traction alopecia? thats a possible end result

salons dont tell you thart the stuff they do is harmful they sell you on an idea that the "neat look" involves alot of exposed scalp and looking like your going bald

all thety want is to keep yopu comming back paying them

the healthiest thing you can ever do is never step foot in a salon again only seperate if they try to grow together and wash thats it

if any are too thin you might want to let them combine fior strength

hopefully all that scalpy look will go away and wont have any long term issues

--
OptimumTrip
@optimumtrip
13 years ago
7 posts
:) i have a feeling ima learn a lot from this site this is good tho.
OptimumTrip
@optimumtrip
13 years ago
7 posts
gosh that most explainSteviewonders hair line...
Dreadtheworld
@dreadtheworld
13 years ago
9 posts

"A Lion out the jungle" good way to describe it.I thinkmost of us now live in a concrete jungle.

Welcome to you Renzo.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

alotta the salon dreads start to get that doll head look u know the old dolls that had tiny tuffs of hair comming out of holes in the head surrpunded by rubber scalp

what they dont tell ya is after several years if u shave u might just have those lil poka ots left cause all the pullin in way too tightly made the scalp no longer able to grow hair there

look at bob marly for instance who never twisted and had a full thick mane that just seemed to get fuller and thicker as he got older

then compare that to overmaintained dreads that just seem to get sparser and sparser

--
OptimumTrip
@optimumtrip
13 years ago
7 posts
i see exactly what your saying..but i never thought of it like that..thanks alot..well on that note i just changed my mind on getting it re-twisted for a while.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

good plasn every month was extreme anyeway i see ppl having thinning and only retwist every 3 months..personaly i see no point in ever retwisting

i have never done a th9ng to mine in 21 years and they always took care of themselves

--
 / 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form