Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Best dreading method to keep them together.

Kenjondoe
@kenjondoe
13 years ago
8 posts
So basically I was wondering what dreading method such as (backcombing, twist and rip, etc...) is best for keeping your dreads tight so they won't loosen up?Thank you for all responses:)
updated by @kenjondoe: 01/13/15 08:54:02PM
Kenjondoe
@kenjondoe
13 years ago
8 posts
Alright thankyouAlso I put beeswax in my hair a couple days ago, do you think I should just wash them out and redo them or can I just let the wax dry out and just keep twist them till they eventually lock?Thank you again

Knottysleeves said:

Dreads only become tight with time, no matter how they're started. There's no such thing as "instant dreads". :-) Backcombing, twist & rip etc are only ways to create sections and some initial tangles... it's normal for them to loosen up and some may even unravel completely before tightening up again. That's all part of the dreading process.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts
u dont want to keep them together so they dont loosen they gotta loosen to dread but twist and rip will hold better usualy backcomb usualy falls apartt

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts
u giotta get that wax out and dont twist em leave em alone do nothing but u must must must get the wax out

--
Kenjondoe
@kenjondoe
13 years ago
8 posts
How would I know if the loosen hair will eventually lock and won't just stay fallen apart? Thank you for the help

soaringeagle said:
u dont want to keep them together so they dont loosen they gotta loosen to dread but twist and rip will hold better usualy backcomb usualy falls apartt
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

when u combed your hair dids u ever cpmb out a tangle? that was evemnn with conditioners

if u leave hair alone with no conditioners no combing..it dreads

so even if they fall apart completelt yhey will dread right back up if u leave em alone

--
Kenjondoe
@kenjondoe
13 years ago
8 posts
Alright thanks for the advice I really appreciate it alot

soaringeagle said:

when u combed your hair dids u ever cpmb out a tangle? that was evemnn with conditioners

if u leave hair alone with no conditioners no combing..it dreads

so even if they fall apart completelt yhey will dread right back up if u leave em alone

Brandon Arnold
@brandon-arnold
13 years ago
184 posts
Unfortunately, dreads don't happen overnight and will look crazy for a while. But it's normal for loose roots and loose hair. Don't let the haterz get you down! If you just let it be and get that wax out, by this time next year your dreads should be ballin!

Kenjondoe said:
How would I know if the loosen hair will eventually lock and won't just stay fallen apart? Thank you for the help

soaringeagle said:
Jeffree Vega.
@jeffree-vega
13 years ago
66 posts
As everyone else as stated, there is no such thing as 'instant dreads'. Methods like twist'n'rip or backcombing are only starter methods and both will loosen up, possibly fall apart, shift and move around till knots start to form.Having used both methods, I found that the twist and rip held alot better than backcombing and kept some if the initial length.The best thing to do is get the beeswax out of your hair and start again. Dreads take time to mature and you don't want to have something like wax in your hair hindering your process
Alex Haighton Kerr
@alex-haighton-kerr
13 years ago
11 posts
i am using twist and rip and they are only 4 ish days old and mine have loosened but after reading this website and taking dreads in a new light instead of wanting them to be perfect and straight i am learning to let them do their own thing! its fab no worries just chill and i am trusting that they will dread up themselves...if you are worried hats are amazing and help keep them less like a wonky hedgehog! ha ha have fun and reeelax!
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form