Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Thank you.

Lee
@lee
14 years ago
1 posts
Hello, Lee here from rainy England.I've been lurking around this site and the forums for around a month now, it's quite fortunate I found you when I did.I had fallen into the trap that is DHHQ and bought myself a kit.I began the back combing process immediately after my kit arrived, or rather my fathers fantastic partner Gina did. However, due to time constraints and the necessity to tend to my 7 month old brother, was only able to complete the front row of my hair.It was that evening that I found this website. Having read everything I could handle in one day it hit me quite hard that these kits were not the way to go, that I had in fact been totally mugged off.Having discovered the site so soon after starting my dreads I was able to make an informed decision against the continued use of the DHHQ products and kit. Thankfully, I had only used the 'lock peppa' and only on around 10 sections at the front.Having to attend college, and the general lack of energy from my fathers partner at the end of the day, I was only able to complete a few dreads each night, the entire process took around 4 weeks in 1-2 hour sessions.I had to keep my hair covered in what was once an overly sized beanie hat, which has now become way too small since this giant fluff appeared on my head. As a result, nearly all of my dreads are flat as a pancake. Whilst I can appreciate that this isn't a quick process, that they will in time tighten up and sort themselves out, I'm rather ashamed to say it embarrasses me, to the point where I have continued to wear my hat at college and remove it the moment I walk through the door in the evening.At the end of the 4 week process, my once near waist length hair now barely passes my shoulders, I understand this will become smaller yet as the magic begins to work.I have to say, while I am slightly embarrassed by my current appearance I'm also fairly excited, so much so that I can't stop looking at myself in the mirror and touching my hair. A bad habit I know, it's just too tempting.I feel a little odd walking around seeing the front part of my head farther along than the back, but I'm sure it'l all be fine in a few months time.Having looked at countless other dreadies on the site I'm really looking forward to how they will turn out and almost counting the days up to the 1 year mark, even if I am hiding them for the time being.I've found a wealth of information here on the site and don't expect that to change any time soon, I'm very thankful to have found it.With the combined support of my parents, my new college friends and the sheer amount of experience and stories to be found on this site, I know I'll be very happy however they turn out.Once I find the cable to connect my phone to my PC I'll add a few images of my new hair so you can all have a good laugh at the giant ridiculous puff resting on the top of my head.Cheers, Lee.
updated by @lee: 01/13/15 08:49:02PM
D!
@d
14 years ago
44 posts
You sound like you're well on your way. Glad you found the site!
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
in a month or 2 the back will be further along then the frontand nows a good time to get a looser tamlook in our shopsa wool ones best

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form