Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Quick Odd Hair Length Question

riffsbynick
@riffsbynick
9 years ago
14 posts
Hi, guys. Planning on starting my dreads within the next week. I just had a quick question regarding my hair length. My hair is currently a bit passed my shoulders. However, it is all cut to one length (an even cut). Will this affect my dreads at all? If so, how? Thanks in advance for any replies.

P.S. I'm on mobile and will hopefully have a profile picture up shortly. At least so you could see how my hair is.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
9 years ago
29,640 posts

well you dont want to start them the way your planning to

they wont stay the same le4ngth but crochet is extremely bad way to start dreads

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
9 years ago
29,640 posts

when dreads dread they shrink  they look  they get all diferent lengths

u can start with a mullet or mohawk or  any  random cut  or style ande it will have nearly no effect on the eventual outcome

but read read read on all the horrors of crochet on here

--
Tobin
@tobin
9 years ago
1 posts

Don't crochet your hair! I did it and now regret it. Doesn't look terrible, it just contradicts my whole few on how hair should be, unmanipulated and being grown and formed the way nature intended... and it hurt like no other getting it in! And cost a lot of money! Learn from my mistakes and others.  Gonna take these out and start over!

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
9 years ago
29,640 posts

if you made an appointment at a salon or locticiaqn..cancle it right away

this is very important..if you go through with  the croichet the damage is permenent and the recovery takes a very very long time

backcombs  not the greatest idea either but not the worse

theres far better ways to dread

but theres very few worse then crochet

--
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form