Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Hey guys!

Troglodyte
@troglodyte
10 years ago
2 posts

I've finally started! so, I guess I can give you my story. since I was about 14, I've wanted dreads, but with no knowledge on how to obtain them, ridiculously fine, straight hair, and many discouragements from loved ones, I never took the plunge. This doesn't mean I didn't try, thankfully I did research before I resulted to wax, but wool hat rubbing, back combing, even twist and rip, I attempted, but once again was discouraged to the point of conditioning them out.

But! thanks to the infinite knowledge of the people here (I've lurked for quite a while), and the decision that if it makes me happy, then my loved ones will eventually approve, I finally have made it a full week with my twist and rips! 2 washes in, there are loose hairs everywhere, even some of the T&R's fell out, but I know it will come with time. So thank you guys so much for all you've done so far, and will do in the future.

Picture is 1 week + 2 days.

updated by @troglodyte: 02/05/15 10:12:49AM
Dreadson MaLock
@dreadson-malock
10 years ago
10 posts

while reading the beginnng, i swear I almost thought I was reading something I had posted long ago for we have a very similar background: since 11, fine and ridiculously straight hair, criticism and disapproval from every direction, started natural 3 months ago.

if your inner desires this outer and your loved ones can't get behind it, how much do they really care about you and your happiness, no offense. I always bring myself back to that.. the right people will do whats right

the wrong ones might as well fade away

stay positive and good luck brother

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
10 years ago
29,640 posts

u know aloes gointg to loosen them

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Troglodyte
@troglodyte
10 years ago
2 posts

The aloe is mostly for my scalp, I have a small mole on the back of my head, and it would get crazy itchy before the T&R's, so that area being dry makes it much worse, to the point of me scratching it raw. Cancer runs in my family, so I'd rather them be loose than for it to mutate from irritation.

Richelle
@richelle
10 years ago
7 posts

They look really good.

Arkynstone GypsyFae
@arkynstone-gypsyfae
10 years ago
37 posts

Sweet! Welcome! They're looking great already! Don't be discouraged by them unraveling a bit (or a few of them unraveling all the way). Fine hair like ours will do that and it will just redread the way it wants to. :) Can't wait to watch your progress pics!

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form