Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

dreadlocks and culture

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
10 years ago
29,640 posts

some try to claim dreadlocks belong to one culture or another and no other should be alowed to dread. still others claim that only certain hair types dread naturally and all others must force it and use wax (this is not a discussion of race but a celebration of diversity and the unity of dreadlocks all over) however all cultures have grown dreads and continue to, native american tribes had worn dreads long before any exposure to other cultures and even the finest straightest hair on asians and scandanavians dreads naturaly with ease
dreadlocks span all cultural devides and are simply the most natural form of hair..its how we are when we allow ourselves to be our most natural selves. indian (from india not natuve american) hair is prized for its sulky smoothness yet sadhus grow the most umpressuve jata (dreadlocks) often well over 20 feet long
so lets give utmost respect to the rastas, the hindus, sadhus, the buddhists christians and jews..all people who choose to dread in all cultures and beliefs..those who dread as a spiritual or religios calling, those who dread to celebrate thier ancestors, and those who dread just to feel like themselves..its time we concentrate on unity..and alowing all humans to be..human..we all have hair that likes to tangle and knot lets forget about race color religion and origin and just remember 1 thing.. we are humans sharing thios great big beautiful world we call home.. brothers and sisters one and all

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1

updated by @soaring-eagle: 01/13/15 10:02:16PM
Jamison Johnston3
@jamison-johnston3
10 years ago
64 posts
Right on SE! Testify! Haha
thetetlove
@thetetlove
10 years ago
16 posts