Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Natural dreading with straight hair

Nicholas Ballard
@nicholas-ballard
10 years ago
8 posts

Ive been allowing my hair to dread naturally for 10 months now. i could not be happier and i could not be more amazed with the progress. i had originally done TnR and after about a month combed them out because it seemed none of them were in good spots and it was so uncomfortable, as soon as i combed them out decided to let them go naturally. almost half of my dreads are fairly close to being mature and at least 90% of my hair has at least began dreading with some on the top being fairly new. i literally used nothing but some local soaps i found that didn't leave any residue on my skin (they are designed for oily skin and such, so they did a great job of essentially stripping my hair of any residues within it). when i started my hair was probably about 6 or 7 inches all around. my hair has almost doubled in length since then and some of the older dreads have pretty much returned to that length of about 7 inches. its interesting watching them grow longer and then shorten. natural dreading is the way to go. just saying. I've never felt more in love with part of myself than i do with my hair now. each individual lock is just beautiful in its own aspect. I've also done a lot of studying both on here and in other resources about the dreads and have learned a lot from the experience itself, so if you have any questions feel free to ask.

updated by @nicholas-ballard: 01/13/15 10:01:44PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
10 years ago
29,640 posts

lets see photos!

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form