Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

My dear grandma's passing made me start dreading.

Cecilia2
@cecilia2
10 years ago
3 posts

Hey all adorable dreadheads!

My name is Cecilia and I'm born and raised in Sweden, lovely country yes :)

So this is my story.

Last year my dear, dear grandma past, she was my everything, I took care of her a couple of months and then she past in may. She was such a colorful woman, so honest and full of life and she past on much to me. I always struggle with my feelings when someone I love dies, of course the same this time. Just a couple of days after she died I find myself infront of the mirror just starting twisting and ripping my hair, I dreaded my hair! I always been interested in crystals and spiritual, walk in the nature and find strength in a tree - But i don't know anybody who has dreadlocks! I don't know why I started to dread, I think when I look back, that I tried to do something groundning, you know what I mean, calm down, be me, feel. Ive never thought about dreadlocks at all before! Weird isn't it?

After two months they started dread together, I didn't know anything about it so I comb them out.

Now a friend past in november and I find myself searching the web on how to dread :) So now, dreads again, this time properly! Twist and rip because I a little bit of control ;)

Some pictures, 1 is a picture of my lovely grandma, the first time she saw me she named me "stjrnga" means "stareye", we had such a special bond.

2, me with the blond hair is with the first set of dreads

3, and now with brown hair (gonna bleach in the sun in the summer:)), thinner dreads for my scandinavian hair. :)

updated by @cecilia2: 01/13/15 10:01:34PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
10 years ago
29,640 posts

sorry to hear bout your grandma but often hair is a way of mourning

some native american tribes will shave the head as a way of mourning (if letting go is the desired effect) if you want to hold on to the memory however locking is the perfect solution

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Cecilia2
@cecilia2
10 years ago
3 posts

Wow that is so interesting! Thank you! She will always be with me :)

soaring eagle said:

sorry to hear bout your grandma but often hair is a way of mourning

some native american tribes will shave the head as a way of mourning (if letting go is the desired effect) if you want to hold on to the memory however locking is the perfect solution

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form