Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

beginning natural dreads sectioning questions

DreadedNoblesse
@dreadednoblesse
11 years ago
9 posts

I have been naturally dreading for about a month now. i am biracial with more of a black person type of hair but its really soft and fluffy and when i wash it believe it or not it get really curly. I have about 3 1/2 inch of hair and i was wondering about sectioning, I want medium thick dreads. I was thinking to start making 1 inch parts in my hair. I am not sure how thick they will be with 1 inch parts though. I was wondering if anyone have sectioned their hair in 1 inch parts can you post some picture of how your dreads look matured so i can see if i want it that thick or thicker or smaller thank you for the help.

updated by @dreadednoblesse: 01/13/15 10:00:41PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

if going natural theres no need to section only separate 1 inch is the buggest you should want unless u want massive hard to care for and potentialy painful dreads

the deread will be the size of the section when mature

if 2 1 inch dreads accidently congo (easy to happen) the resulting dreads wrist sized

1/2 inch to 3/4 would be a decent medium thick

but

natural dreads naturaly form in a range of sizes from thin to thick and you can simply separate ant rhat are forming too thick or trying to join together

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
DreadedNoblesse
@dreadednoblesse
11 years ago
9 posts

i want something like these
thick dreadlocks 160x300 Thick Dreadlocks and possibly as big as these
soaring eagle said:

if going natural theres no need to section only separate 1 inch is the buggest you should want unless u want massive hard to care for and potentialy painful dreads

if 2 1 inch dreads accidently congo (easy to happen) the resulting dreads wrist sized

but

natural dreads naturaly form in a range of sizes from thin to thick and you can simply separate ant rhat are forming too thick or trying to join together

updated by @dreadednoblesse: 02/05/15 10:12:49AM
DreadedNoblesse
@dreadednoblesse
11 years ago
9 posts

the lady in the messed up photo is Valerie June i really like her dreads also Nerissa Irving dreads are really great also

DreadedNoblesse said:

i want something like these
thick dreadlocks 160x300 Thick Dreadlocks and possibly as big as these
soaring eagle said:

but

updated by @dreadednoblesse: 02/05/15 10:12:49AM
Tara C
@tara-c
11 years ago
644 posts

Thick dreads are awesome, but keep in mind they take ages to dry. Mine take 8-12 hours to dry, and they're not as thick as the ones in the pics. Also, keep in mind that sleeping on damp dreads increases the chance of getting mold, so you'd have to wash your dreads early enough to be sure they'll dry by the time you sleep, and etc. As amazing as thick dreads are, it's much better to start off with thin or medium-sized dreads; then if you're sure you can handle it, you can let them congo and get thicker. Rather than starting off thick, being out of your depth with it, and unable to make them thinner.

DreadedNoblesse
@dreadednoblesse
11 years ago
9 posts

Yes i have bee hearing all this trouble about big dreads but idc. I like them and once i have something in mind nothing is going to stop me lol. I dont really want thin dreads I wants dreads to set me apart and most people you see with them have those thin one walking around.

Tara C said:

Thick dreads are awesome, but keep in mind they take ages to dry. Mine take 8-12 hours to dry, and they're not as thick as the ones in the pics. Also, keep in mind that sleeping on damp dreads increases the chance of getting mold, so you'd have to wash your dreads early enough to be sure they'll dry by the time you sleep, and etc. As amazing as thick dreads are, it's much better to start off with thin or medium-sized dreads; then if you're sure you can handle it, you can let them congo and get thicker. Rather than starting off thick, being out of your depth with it, and unable to make them thinner.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

most of those look about 3/4 a couple 1 inch

the thing tho is you want dreads to set you apart not like others ..if you let them dread naturally they will be all diferent sizes thick to thin and uniquelly yours

thats mine bout 6 years back

believe it or not the average size was thinner then a pencil with a few 1/2 inch and at that time only 1 or 3 that were 3/4 to 1 inch

the thinnest was 1 mm x 2 mm and that was 3 extremely thin ones congoed

youd be amazed ay how just having a couole thick ones mixed in with many thinner fives an overall impression of thicker dreads

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1

updated by @soaring-eagle: 02/05/15 10:12:49AM
Tara C
@tara-c
11 years ago
644 posts

Then make absolute sure that you wash them early in the day enough to give them time to dry before you sleep, or you could have mold. Other than that, enjoy the thick dreads :)

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form