Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Hey, I'm new, hi, hello!

Lisa7
@lisa7
11 years ago
5 posts

Brand new to the forum and to the dreadlock experience. Oh, hi, I'm Lisa, How are you? Here is my dreadlock experience thus far: I have been thinking about dreadlocks for some years now, but obstacles such as work would not allow me to do it. I "accidentally on purpose" started my dreads about two months ago simply by not brushing it at all (I'm lazy). I wasn't totally set on the idea of dreads so I continued to maintain my hair somewhat like I normally do by shampooing and conditioning, but still haven't brushed it (I'm REALLY lazy). About a week or so ago, I noticed the hair on the bottom of my scalp dreading on it's own (because I'm lazy) so now I'm thinking it's time to go the distance (I love being lazy). I just started the twist and rip method today and have been looking into what products to use to help them along. That being said, I'll be asking you guys a LOT of questions along the way. Because I'm lazy. I'll eventually post a picture of my progress, but I'm lazy, soo........

How are you?

updated by @lisa7: 01/13/15 09:59:51PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

welcome if i9ts dreading with conditioner and your lazy and proud why are you using tnr and not just letting it dread on its own?

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Lisa7
@lisa7
11 years ago
5 posts

I want to get the top portion of my hair going as it's pretty limp and still like normal hair. I think it might be because of my using conditioner so I'm stopping that part and that's also why I started to twist n rip that part. The rest I'm going to let go naturally, but I think I need to give the crown area a starting point.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

just chanfging how u wash and with what is all the starting point u need

get a good dread shampoo or use the baking sodaand your good to go

--
Lisa7
@lisa7
11 years ago
5 posts

Thanks for the advice! Here's a couple other questions for you: I have read a lot of good things about Dr. Bronner's bar soap. Would that be a good substitute for a bar of dread soap? Also what is your opinion on a diluted tea tree oil spray to help me with fly aways? Basically, I don't want to order anything online, if I can get away with it.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

bronners liquids better but only if u got soft water in hard water its a disaster (liquid cause it should be diluted a whole lot)

you can use baking soda and acv to wash instead

teatree wont do a thing for flyaways and you shouldnt try to contril them they should be left alone so they can dread in

teatree is a medicinal anticeptic that also helps prevent bugs its good for dandruff to an extent rosemary added is even better

--
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form