Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

How to start out right?

Justin
@justin
14 years ago
5 posts
Hey, I was wondering if you could let me know how to start of dreading the right way. I was thinking about going the neglect method, but I don't really know on how to go about doing that. Can I get some advise or sugestion on how to get started.
updated by @justin: 02/14/15 09:06:15AM
ratcakie
@ratcakie
14 years ago
60 posts
right hand side of the screen has a heading natural/neglect i think it is,,, have a look there. Other wise from what i read, if ya gunna go down that path, its just a matter of not brushing your hair, *Keepin em clean*(theres a heap of good info on here for washing) and seperating them (or ripping) to make and keep the desired sizes/ sections... i backcombed 7 weeks ago and wish that i had gone the neglect method, but oh well. Let us all know how you go with it, dont be afraid to ask heaps of questions, and post heaps of pics of ya progress... and keep reading around the site as ther is heaps of helpfull advice etc... here... Happy travels my friend...
green bean
@green-bean
14 years ago
57 posts
good choice! im letting them grow naturally too. everyone is real nice on here and will be happy to answer your questions! peace =]
labmofgod
@labmofgod
14 years ago
94 posts
link to the thing he is talking about http://www.dreadlockssite.com/page/natural-neglect-freeform ratcakie said:
right hand side of the screen has a heading natural/neglect i think it is,,, have a look there. Other wise from what i read, if ya gunna go down that path, its just a matter of not brushing your hair, *Keepin em clean*(theres a heap of good info on here for washing) and seperating them (or ripping) to make and keep the desired sizes/ sections... i backcombed 7 weeks ago and wish that i had gone the neglect method, but oh well. Let us all know how you go with it, dont be afraid to ask heaps of questions, and post heaps of pics of ya progress... and keep reading around the site as ther is heaps of helpfull advice etc... here... Happy travels my friend...
ratcakie
@ratcakie
14 years ago
60 posts
thanks l.o.g., as you have prob figured, im a little bit technologicaly challanged..lol if i had any idear how to put a link up i would have... labmofgod said:
link to the thing he is talking about
http://www.dreadlockssite.com/page/natural-neglect-freeform

ratcakie said:
labmofgod
@labmofgod
14 years ago
94 posts
copy and paste ratcakie said:
thanks l.o.g., as you have prob figured, im a little bit technologicaly challanged..lol if i had any idear how to put a link up i would have...

labmofgod said:

ratcakie said:
Justin
@justin
14 years ago
5 posts
When I wash my hair, am I soposed to let it dry out the way it is? Or do I dry it like i would normally?

labmofgod said:
thanks l.o.g., as you have prob figured, im a little bit technologicaly challanged..lol if i had any idear how to put a link up i would have...

labmofgod said:

ratcakie said:
Lonnie Berg
@lonnie-berg
14 years ago
219 posts
Shake it out like a dog after a bath, do a little 'head bangin" then let it air dry. Justin said:
When I wash my hair, am I soposed to let it dry out the way it is? Or do I dry it like i would normally?

labmofgod said:

labmofgod said:

ratcakie said:
Justin
@justin
14 years ago
5 posts
Oh okay. Thanks a lot

Lonnie Berg said:
Shake it out like a dog after a bath, do a little 'head bangin" then let it air dry. Justin said:

labmofgod said:

labmofgod said:

ratcakie said:
Justin
@justin
14 years ago
5 posts
What is the difference between the neglect, and wool/hand rubbing? I did the rubbing method once, but when I washed my hair it went back to normal.? Did I do something wrong?
 / 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form