Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

I had a dread fall out!!

Anna Welcher
@anna-welcher
11 years ago
11 posts

Kinda freaking out here,I had a dread that was really thin at the root and it just fell out this morning, the entire dread in my hand, I have one other exactly on the opposite side of my head that is also thin and I'm afraid it's going to fall out too! What do I do in situations like this, I don't want all of them to thin out and fall out!!

All thoughts are welcome have a great day.

-Anna

updated by @anna-welcher: 01/13/15 09:57:45PM
Tara C
@tara-c
11 years ago
644 posts

Have you crocheted at all? I have a similar thing going on, a lot of my dreads are extremely thin at the roots. If there's any loose hair right next to the thin dread, I'd gently try to get them to congo so they can thicken up a bit, that might help.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

were you doing root maintenance?

if so stop

stop separating too

let them congo or bead 2 together to force them to congo

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Baba Fats
@baba-fats
11 years ago
2,702 posts

I've had this happen in the beginning. If you are doing anything to your roots, stop. This includes crocheting, twisting (even just a little), root rubbing, interlocking, and separating to the point that you can see your scalp. In fact, like Eagle said, stop separating anything that is even remotely thin. Let them congo together and thicken up.

I'd also really recommend not even touching them when you wash. Don't scrub or rub your scalp at all.

If you're wearing any hats or scarves, try to not wear them as much, or at all. Both help thin out your hair.

Anna Welcher
@anna-welcher
11 years ago
11 posts

I think it has to do with, how I have to keep my hair tied back at work, I'm constantly putting them up which is making the roots on the sides of my head thin out :(

jazzymomma
@jazzymomma
11 years ago
175 posts

yikes! im sry id so cry lol aww..yep Baba an SE got ya covered ...goodluck ..start wearng then down or loose yarn tie low pony, at wrk if they dont like it ohwell they did hire u an already worked there so yea peace b with u goodluck! :)

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form