Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo

Flaky Oily Scalp/ Twist & Rip

glitchy_locs
@glitchy-locs
4 years ago
3 posts

Hello, and blessings. around may 2020 i started freeform dreadlocks using regular shampoos (no conditioner) then moving over to dr bronners peppermint. may to mid july they were doing their thing and then i noticed an abnormal buildup of what appeared to be a mix of residue/ dryscalp flakes/ and waxy oily sebum. nothing too extreme but enough to irritate me, visible little flakes not chunks started to cover the top of my head a little. in frusteration and anxiety i combed all of my hair out and washed it thoroughly with shampoo and conditioner and in august i started again with the twist and rip method. i take it my hairs just naturally oily and has just had a hard time transitioning after showering every day to my new regime 2-3 times a week. so the twist and rip locks were forming wonderfully and making progress(i switched over to knotty boy dread soap) and i was finally getting somewhere and then bam just today after showering i noticed my hair was noticeably holding extra weight and while it was wet and i got out of the shower i seen the flakes again but its not just dry flakes they were making a sludge between my scalp and my tophair which was forming a net-like thing trapping all this crud in it. once again its not ridiculously chunky, just oily and flaky(babyflakes) that are wax-like when they are wet and i noticed it was spreading downwards giving my dreads a waxy coating and taking longer to dry than usual because of this. my impatience grew my panic again and i had to take them out yet another time which destroyed my whole day and note: once i undo my dreads and shampoo it and scratch my scalp as i normally would without dreads and dried it out now there is no flakes or nothing. so im just so confused that everytime my hair gets locking it does this. my hair is kind of thick but i lost so much since trying to get this going its very sad. after doing extensive research i was basically wondering anyone had anything for me in particular you think would help me along as i start my next re-twistand rip all over again hopefully asap this month. thank you. this has been such a nightmare and nobody knows anything to help me and ive looked everywhere with so much mixed responses i just want to get my locks forming happily and healthily thank you

updated by @glitchy-locs: 09/04/20 02:55:37AM
glitchy_locs
@glitchy-locs
4 years ago
3 posts

Also wondering whether i should wait a few more washes before twist and ripping my hair again or just do it and buy a better shampoo. (Note: Ive tried an acv rinse and a baking soda rinse as well, natural raw aloe gel, lemon rinse ect and nothing gets rid of this shit unless i take all my dreads out and shampoo with regular shampoo and conditioner while scrubbing like a madman) Not too sure what has caused this to me whenever i get my knotts started. It doesnt happen when they're out its so annoying.  If it helps any i had already begun washing my hair with hot water and ending in cold water months ago, in may. To me it seemed the scalp didnt like being played with like that but it could have been an array of other factors or maybe my scalp is just very sensative. i have thick wavy hair and it is completely undreaded as of now due to the aggrivation seeing the flakes return again. i was hoping to start them again asap i just didnt want to have to go through this again i get really annoyed i just want to do things right here. need advice please if anyones had this issue. much love 

updated by @glitchy-locs: 09/04/20 02:53:25AM
glitchy_locs
@glitchy-locs
4 years ago
3 posts

anybody?

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form