Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Driving with the windows down?

Premo
@premo
11 years ago
30 posts

Hey, I was wondering if you experienced dread-folk had an opinion on if driving with the windows down (or top off) helps, hurts or doesn't make any difference on your dreads, especially baby dreads in the making?

I'm a little over 3 months into my journey, today a friend and I drove around for a bit in their jeep with the top off. My hair was getting whipped every which way and I was just curious if it's something I should avoid in the future.

Thanks!

updated by @premo: 01/13/15 09:52:31PM
Baba Fats
@baba-fats
11 years ago
2,702 posts

I wouldn't say it helps as in makes them knot up considerably faster. But it definitely doesn't hurt. It forces your hair to move around and tangle. So more and more loose knots form, which will tighten and help locking.

It probably does just as much as head banging, and shaking your hair out when you wash. But it lasts longer, and doesn't hurt as much. Plus you won't risk aconcussion. So all in all, it's a good thing

Premo
@premo
11 years ago
30 posts

Thank you both for the feedback. It is much appreciated.

jazzymomma
@jazzymomma
11 years ago
175 posts

eh dont think of things that way silly just embrace it an bring on the snarls an knotts be dreads in no time hehe wind might even help it along hehe
peace bro:):)

MoorZ
@moorz
11 years ago
46 posts

This is actually a good way to dry your hair. Some times after a wash and its not sunny outside i go for a drive with all my windows down

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form