Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Cob/earth house and Permaculture. Any experience?

Aya Heartright
@aya-heartright
12 years ago
91 posts

Any one have any experience with building cob houses or starting a permaculture setup from scratch?

My husband and I inherited 18 acres of land in NE ohio and want to farm on it. Ya know, the whole off-the-grid dream, but beyond watching a few documentaries we are kind of at a loss. Got Gaia's Garden and the new Sepp Holzer book out of the library and downloaded Permaculture 2 and The Cobb Builders Handbook.

We are expecting to take until spring toresearchand save up money to build. I'm guessing the house is probably going to cost 3-8k depending on how much technology I want to put in it. Then I am praying that we could get it done in the late spring to early fall season before it starts to frost too bad. Is this realistic? So far it's just my husband and I unless somehow I can swindle people to help

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!!

updated by @aya-heartright: 01/13/15 09:34:37PM
Heather
@heather
12 years ago
1,291 posts

i have no information to help you but i must say i'm so jealous! not a lot of people have the ability to do this. i know i don't. i've wanted a yurt for years but land here in california is so expensive. good luck to you and keep us posted on your progress. i'll just live vicariously though your adventure:)

KnotLady
@knotlady
12 years ago
300 posts

thats awesome. unfortunately i dont i know anything either!

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form