Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Claire's Natural Curly Dreads

Valérie
@valrie
12 years ago
539 posts

These are going to look killer once they dread! Keep up with the sea salt. Using aloe to tame the frizzies will make the hair softer and kinda set back the process a bit. One of the plus sides to having curly hair is that it looks like "curly hair", even when the knots start to form. :P

updated by @valrie: 07/23/15 06:25:39PM
Claire Wilson
@claire-wilson
12 years ago
23 posts

ONE MONTH AND TWO DAYS

It feels like not too much is happening back there, but as the days go by it is getting easier and easier to be patient about the process. The hair has sectioned itself really well, but there aren't really any knots yet. The hair underneath, around my neck, is a lot straighter and smoother so it has taken longer to section itself, but it has almost done that now. I am expecting to see some knots forming at the back of my head really soon!

It is starting to look a bit frizzier and messier, but not much worse than when I used to comb it. I am really surprised I can not comb my hair and it looks like this, it makes me think I have wasted a lot of time on my hair over the years!

updated by @claire-wilson: 02/05/15 10:12:49AM
☮MamaKittyLove
@mamakittylove
12 years ago
198 posts

looking amazing!!!!!!!!

Valérie
@valrie
12 years ago
539 posts

Truly wonderful how curly hair, no matter how messy, looks perfectly fine. It's been a slight blessing for me as it will be for you once you start locking up :)

Looking good so far!

Claire Wilson
@claire-wilson
12 years ago
23 posts

I added a whole bucketload of beads before I went camping for the weekend, with some exciting results!

ONE MONTH AND SIX DAYS

The straight hairs on the side of my head are the ones that are knotting up first! I wouldn't have guessed that in a million years - I love how life surprises me :)

The beads are also helping the other sections knot up, but not nearly so much as this. Moving the bead up and down the hair definitely tangles it.

I have very thick hair, so when I went for haircuts I always got them to thin it out a LOT, which means that all the hairs are really different lengths. So when I put the bead on it pushes those shorter hairs around a lot.

Very exciting!!

updated by @claire-wilson: 02/05/15 10:12:49AM
Valérie
@valrie
12 years ago
539 posts

Do you sleep on your side or on your back? That plays a huge part in what sections of the head dread the fastest. :)

Claire Wilson
@claire-wilson
12 years ago
23 posts

I move around a lot in my sleep, but it looks like I must sleep mainly on my back, because that is where my hair is the flattest.

Rachel NattyDee
@rachel-nattydee
12 years ago
53 posts

Your dreads are gonna be beautiful!

/ 2
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form