Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Essential Oils & Pregnancy

Ixchel
@ixchel
11 years ago
597 posts

the pine & lemongrass one is just skin sensitization & the other is possible irritant, so it's not like they are "dangerous" or anything, if you aren't having issues with them it's probably mild enough that you are fine.if you do notice some skin issues you could cut that out first to see if it's the cause.

to find out what's in the goddess bar you could ask Vicki the owner/maker.

MothyrGrimm said:

Eek! Now I'm super paranoid. I just bought (like ten minutes ago) the Goddess Shampoo Bar and Karma Magic Locking Gel...

The Locking Gel has, pine & lemongrass. The Shampoo Bar doesn't have a list of the essential oils. :/

This totally sucks. I knew some were off limits, but I didn't know there was THAT many. Any clue how to find out what's in the Goddess Bar?

updated by @ixchel: 07/22/15 12:17:53PM
MothyrGrimm
@mothyrgrimm
11 years ago
27 posts
Thanks :) I sent an email to the contact us link. I also read lavender should be avoided in first trimester because it effects your uterus and menstruation. Hopefully I won't have any problems after that though. I was so ridiculously excited. I'm going to be uber bummed if I have a reaction. Darn pregnancy and all it's crazy sensitivities. Lol
Ixchel
@ixchel
11 years ago
597 posts

lavender is supposed to calm the uterus/cramps as far as i know (but i'm not any sort of expert in this sort of thing) i used it near the end of my last pregnancy when i was having pre-labor stuff going on.

MothyrGrimm said:

Thanks :) I sent an email to the contact us link. I also read lavender should be avoided in first trimester because it effects your uterus and menstruation. Hopefully I won't have any problems after that though. I was so ridiculously excited. I'm going to be uber bummed if I have a reaction. Darn pregnancy and all it's crazy sensitivities. Lol
MothyrGrimm
@mothyrgrimm
11 years ago
27 posts
I think it's because it does effect the uterus and everything is super sensitive in the first trimester. Many sources say different things, but it's not like testing on pregnant women is ethical. Haha, so many different opinions and viewpoints. It does say safe after first trimester however. :)
MothyrGrimm
@mothyrgrimm
11 years ago
27 posts
Justt.ly my goodies in the mail, and I don't know much about essential oils... The pine is the only thing im worried about and it seems like it's a sensitivity type issue when pregnant. Do you think a skin patch test will be sufficient?
Ixchel
@ixchel
11 years ago
597 posts

should be i'd think. enjoy your wash :)

MothyrGrimm said:

Justt.ly my goodies in the mail, and I don't know much about essential oils... The pine is the only thing im worried about and it seems like it's a sensitivity type issue when pregnant. Do you think a skin patch test will be sufficient?
Laura Earle
@laura-earle
11 years ago
233 posts

Ladies, if you are pregnant stay THE HELL away from PARSLEY. In any form. I take a teaspoon or so of parsley once in awhile to regulate my period, and it causes contractions within two hours. It's basically a miracle for anyone with irregular periods (I mean, I'd much rather use this than birth control), but it's so strong that I would be afraid to have so much as a sprig of it if I was pregnant. :o

Janell Draper
@janell-draper
10 years ago
9 posts

This is very interesting subject to me just because I am 32 weeks pregnant. I have found some info on this that I would like to share. It is from babycenter a site that my Obgyn suggested for info and keeping up with baby's progress. http://www.babycentre.co.uk/x536449/is-it-safe-to-use-essential-oils-while-im-pregnant

I hope this helps others.

/ 2
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form