@mahesa-wong-anabrang
11 years ago
16 posts

and it just helps that all the fat locks are at the back of your head lol

jazzymomma
@jazzymomma
11 years ago
175 posts

lol hey Baba thanks..yea i totally have done that bunch times didnt get soap all out had re do haha im like mann 2 of the 24 had left suds haha mannn but yea cus they r so thick and i have so many faty fat fats lol my largest is the congo u have seen previously ha..was already two pretty fat locks now its a fat mother hahaa yup i do same sort of route..with washign drying. but i dont use blowdryer an yes i squeeze them repeatedly in water an out. but i dont wring em as u described once mine r more mature as urs give it try on me mother dread lol thanks for sharing..picked up some lemongrass oil today..i love that scent lol gunna toss it in to my rinse:) peace bro

jazzymomma
@jazzymomma
11 years ago
175 posts

Amanda said:

. But the main reason Im posting this is because of the flip the towel thing. I felt like a genius when figured out I dont need 2 towels!

hahah ur funny lol silly...happy dreading peace

Baba Fats
@baba-fats
11 years ago
2,702 posts

If you wring too hard it will. But if you just wring lightly, and squeeze them tight in you fist, they should be fine.

I had problems with one of Vicki's soaps. But apparently I was just not lathering enough. When I started using more soap, I never had a problem again

ZoeyRainsMom
@zoeyrainsmom
11 years ago
122 posts

Hi Baba! I am having problems with build up as well. I was able to get it out with Dawn dish soap but after using my DLS bar again I'm starting to notice it slowly building again. I have really hard water. I lather real well and rinse for forever it seems. I was wondering if you could possibly suggest another shampoo for me? Thanks a bunch!!! Again! Thank God for all you pros ;)

Baba Fats
@baba-fats
11 years ago
2,702 posts

Hmm...

I don't know why you'd be getting buildup if you lather really really well. You could try and ask Vicki. She may know if you should do it any differently. Are you just lathering your scalp? Or are you lathering up your locks, too? All you need to do is your scalp.

Because you're in NV, you probably have hard water. So if you wanted to try the BS/ACV method, you could. But, you'll have to try using bottled, or distilled water. Or you could boil your water and mix the BS in while it's still hot. Then rinse with purified water

ZoeyRainsMom
@zoeyrainsmom
11 years ago
122 posts

I rub the bar directly on to my scalp moving my dreads around so I can get the scalp in between. I scrub my scalp and rinse. It does run through my dreads but I don't intentionally put soap onto them. I tried the BS/ACV method but hadn't boiled the water, that was before you told me about about hard water not working with baking soda. I guess I'll try boiling it. I'll give Vicky a try too. I just love the smell of clean hair with her shampoos and baking soda doesn't give that. Thanks again for your help and advice!!

Baba Fats
@baba-fats
11 years ago
2,702 posts

If you add some EO's to you BS wash, you can get a nice smell, too. not as nice. But better than nothing.

updated by @baba-fats: 07/23/15 07:22:22AM
CoriElaine
@corielaine
11 years ago
173 posts

I dont really have any fatties, besides on bigger guy on the top/back of my head, but this advice is really helpful, thank you :) I love to go outside and sake the fuck out of my head like a dog xD

DreadedNoblesse
@dreadednoblesse
11 years ago
9 posts

I heard that wringing out your dreads give them knots and not the knots you want like big fat circle knots like you tied them.

/ 3

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form