Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

dish soap on dreads?

Christian Peter DeMaria
@christian-peter-demaria
14 years ago
17 posts
hi im kinda poor lol so like i dont have money for baking soada and oils and stuff but theres one thing i always have in my house. gain dish soap and ive used it many times be4 and it seems like it works good i was just wondering if it will be bad or if it has residue in it
updated by @christian-peter-demaria: 01/13/15 08:51:12PM
Christian Peter DeMaria
@christian-peter-demaria
14 years ago
17 posts
thanku very much u were most helpful. :)
Christian Peter DeMaria
@christian-peter-demaria
14 years ago
17 posts
could u give me the recipe to make the BS cleaner
Natty Dave
@natty-dave
14 years ago
56 posts
the basic bs wash is 1/2 to 3/4 cup of baking soda to 1 gallon of warm water, make sure all the clumps are broken up and the bs is fully dissolved then pour over your head, let it soak for a minute or 10 and rinse well.i don't do all the oils and and have not felt the need for acv as my hair is normally pretty oily but i do add 3 tbsp of sea salt to the bs, nothing extra to do, just make sure it dissolves

Christian Peter DeMaria said:
could u give me the recipe to make the BS cleaner
Lex
@lex
14 years ago
217 posts
I use dish soap. I never have any problems, and have not noticed any residue at all. BS is much too harsh on my scalp, but they are pretty comparable in price. Just make sure there are no hand-softening ads on it and no bleach and you should be fine to just stick with it if you want.
Thundersquall
@thundersquall
14 years ago
235 posts

I dont use dish soap simply because it is designed to strip grease and stains from dishes. Very concentratedyet not made of organic ingredients like Dr. Bronners.So...who knows what it strips from ones scalp/hair. Then again, most peoples hair/scalp needs are different so obviously mileage may vary.

I use organic shampoo bars which are loaded with good things like olive/jojoba/shea butter oil, but then again my type of hair suffers from dryness easily hence the added moisturizing oils are a good thing. Yet that same soap may make your hair too oily or appear to be. Just my opinion tho.

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form