Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Dread Progression Video Project

Benhamin Tyrsson
@benhamin-tyrsson
11 years ago
4 posts

Hello, I figured I would give you guys the link to an interesting submissions project a pretty large youtube Dreadlock blogger is doing. Essentially he is making what he calls "The largest and possible best Dreadlock timeline". He is taking submissions from any point in your process, and using them in a large timeline video showing many different types of hair, and dreading stages! The youtubers name is "Lazy Dreads". My girlfriend will be entering her dreadlocks(She hasn't done her entire head yet, just a few here and there), and figured you guys would want to be apart of this historical dreadlock video, or if you would just like to see it, please show your support. I will post the links to his youtube, and facebook below. This epic timeline can't happen without viewer participation. Thanks for reading!

His facebook Posts:

"I have a plan for a project - well it's a video idea... but I'll need help. I want to make a video that shows the dreadlock process, I want to make possibly one of the greatest dreadlock timeline/journey videos out there.... but to make it that great - well that's where the help part comes into it. This video will have the usual 0 month, 1 month, 2 month, 3 month update pictures, but they won't be of me... they'd be of all of you guys. You'd be able to be a part of the video whether you've had dreadlocks 2 months or 20 months and the video as a whole will hopefully help reassure those out there with young dreadlocks that what starts out as messy dreads... will actually mature and become wonderful.

At this moment I'm not sure of the specifics so I'm not looking to get submissions for it yet. I repeat - DO NOT SEND SUBMISSIONS YET!.... because I don't know the best way to collect them up or the best place for you to send them yet - I just want to know how many of you guys out there would be interested in either being a part of this or you know.. seeing this video. It would require people to send me some of their timeline/update pictures - you can send as many as you'd like as long as they're not all from the same timeframe - so you could send 1 month, 2 month, 3 month... but not 100 pictures from between 2 and 3 months etc.

So I'm just gauging interest because I'd need at least a certain number of participants to make it work."

" Ok guys, since the feedback to my idea has been...well... overwhelmingly positive I'll get things moving. I'll now be accepting submissions for the dreadlock collaborative timeline video.

To submit a picture or pictures - send them via email to Lazydreads@live.co.uk

I'll look through all the pictures that get submitted but I cannot guarantee that all will get used as it will depend on the pictu re. I cannot use pictures that are too small, out of focus, too dark or inappropriate etc. Ideal pictures will be of your hair (obviously) and not a whole lot else! Front, back or side of the head is fine!

Please, please please include the details for the pictures! If you could change the name of the picture files to include your name and the age of the dreadlocks in the picture - that would be perfect! I need to know how old your dreadlocks are in the picture so as to know where it will fit in the timeline and I need to know your name so I can include it in the credits. Dreadlocks of ALL ages are welcome and feel free to submit multiple pictures provided they are of your hair at different ages!

I'll post a video about this project soon so I can get the word out but please pass this along to anyone else you know that might be interested in being part of one of my videos! This video will probably take a little while to put together as I want to get a good collection of pictures to do it justice.

Lazy Dreads Facebook

LazyDreads Youtube

updated by @benhamin-tyrsson: 01/13/15 10:00:15PM
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form