Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

My dread journey! (5 month update 4/2/2013) :)

Anna3
@anna3
11 years ago
70 posts

Thank you!! One thing I have tried doing is alternate on the sides that I sleep, but I always end up waking up on the right side of my head! Haha, that side has started shrinking more than the other, it's silly. But I love them anyway!!

You're dreadies are awesome too! I can't wait until I hit 6 months, soo curious to know what they will look like :)

Robyn said:

Looks awesome! I have a space of scalp showing on the back of my head :) its just the way the dreads lay...its ok. tons of loose hair is totally normal. Just seperate and watch what all the loose hair does :) it will find a dread or form new baby ones. its pretty cool to watch. i remember feel nervous about that too it was sooooo messy! It will work its self out though no worries :) and yes they will round out over time. although some people say some might be flatter then other since you sleep on them ya know? :) time felt really slow in the beginning for me too...but at some point you just forget and it all togther...at least at some point for me I stopped worrying about it. I'm almost at 6 months and your hair is waaaaaaay farther along then mine haha. It looks awesome. keep it up and enjoy the ride! Much love to you :)

updated by @anna3: 07/23/15 04:47:51PM
Anna3
@anna3
11 years ago
70 posts

Yes most all of them came out actually. Most about half way. I mostly did the TnR to go ahead and section my hair, I didn't do them very tight at all. At times I wish that I just did free form because I'd like to of known how they would have sectioned out, but I just couldn't wait! Haha. Patience is definitely the key to beautiful dreads though, I've learned. Just hang in there! But if you TnR a few, it will give them a bit of a jump start :)

Thank you for the kind words, peace and happy dreading! <3

katietheladi said:

did any of your TNRs come out? im having one of those days where i want to forget the neglect and do some TNR to speed things up.

anyways, yours are looking so good! really suits you

Mons
@mons
11 years ago
518 posts
They look great! You have had incredible progress!The flatter ones will round out, it could take many months tho. I have some that were really flat, then one day, poof, they were round. It happened around 11 months or so. I can still flatten them out too! I have a couple long skinny sections so I have some that are growing flat, then curling in. I had a few 'paddles' at the ends, they're curling in now too. You can hardly tell they looked like tiny sledge hammers.
TieDyedSoul
@tiedyedsoul
11 years ago
70 posts

Very beautiful! I'm around mid 3 months and my hair is doing the same thing and have plenty that are flat. I also have this one dread that's thick and is trying to split into 2 on its own. I can't stop messing with my dreads either at this point I love the way the zig-zags feel too much and I find myself constantly stroking my fingers on them.

Peace and Love man

Anna3
@anna3
11 years ago
70 posts

I'm glad I'm not the only one this had happened to! I have a few paddle looking puffs at the end of my dreads, but I'm glad to know they won't stay like that forever!

Thank you for the compliment, you have such beautiful dreads! :)

Mons said:

They look great! You have had incredible progress!
The flatter ones will round out, it could take many months tho. I have some that were really flat, then one day, poof, they were round. It happened around 11 months or so. I can still flatten them out too! I have a couple long skinny sections so I have some that are growing flat, then curling in. I had a few 'paddles' at the ends, they're curling in now too. You can hardly tell they looked like tiny sledge hammers.
Anna3
@anna3
11 years ago
70 posts

Oh my gosh, I know exactly what you mean! The zig zags and loops are so fun to feel. Haha, I find myself unconsciouslyjust rubbing my hair. My boyfriend says I'm obsessed, and that may be so ;)

I have a few that are trying to split at the root. I tried pulling them apart but they are just too stuck together so we'll see what happens.

Good luck in your dreadful journey :)

TieDyedSoul said:

Very beautiful! I'm around mid 3 months and my hair is doing the same thing and have plenty that are flat. I also have this one dread that's thick and is trying to split into 2 on its own. I can't stop messing with my dreads either at this point I love the way the zig-zags feel too much and I find myself constantly stroking my fingers on them.

Peace and Love man

Anna3
@anna3
11 years ago
70 posts

I've put up my 4 month update!

Ixchel
@ixchel
11 years ago
597 posts

gorgeous! you have some amazing lumps bumps & knots going on. & the shrinkage is awesome! i want some shrinkage!!! haha they are looking great

Anna3
@anna3
11 years ago
70 posts

Thank you so much, i love my crazy knots :D

You have some really cool loops coming along as well! I really that the one that looked like the infinity symbol, I think someone else may have said that too haha. But they are beautiful! You're shrinkage will come before you know it, you'll get done washing and rub your hand on your hair and all of a sudden you'll be like wtf where did my hair go?!

Ixchel said:

gorgeous! you have some amazing lumps bumps & knots going on. & the shrinkage is awesome! i want some shrinkage!!! haha they are looking great

Ixchel
@ixchel
11 years ago
597 posts

i know some bits have shrunk, when i put it into a ponytail i feel like it's been chopped lol. but when they are down there is just so many of them still long you don't notice the couple that have shrunk ;)

Anna said:

Thank you so much, i love my crazy knots :D

You have some really cool loops coming along as well! I really that the one that looked like the infinity symbol, I think someone else may have said that too haha. But they are beautiful! You're shrinkage will come before you know it, you'll get done washing and rub your hand on your hair and all of a sudden you'll be like wtf where did my hair go?!

Ixchel said:

/ 3

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form