Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Flaky scalp and messy roots!

Zara 'Babu' Binns
@zara-babu-binns
11 years ago
11 posts

Having serious motivation problems at the moment :( Roots are super messy and now getting a flaky scalp, as I have just a mohawk of dreads the flaky scalp is visible from the sides, I've been trying tea tree and lavender oil with my BS wash to see if that helps. I love my dreads and don't want to cut them off but the flakiness and messiness is getting to me! Any suggestions from anyone? Would be much appreciated :)

updated by @zara-babu-binns: 02/05/15 10:12:49AM
Zara 'Babu' Binns
@zara-babu-binns
11 years ago
11 posts

I do 1 tablespoon of BS in 1.5L of water with 5 drops lavender 5 drops tea tree and leave in for 10 minutes (ish) followed by ACV rinse. Tonight I proper put my head in a bucket of BS wash for 20 minutes to let it really soak in to see if it would help. I'm not doing anything to the roots, i'm just way too impatient though and want them to look nice right away!! ;) Thanks Robyn

Zara 'Babu' Binns
@zara-babu-binns
11 years ago
11 posts

Ok, i'll google the measurement conversions and work it out ;) Thanks for your help, and your dreads are awesome by the way :)

Tim5
@tim5
11 years ago
359 posts

Tea tree essential oil will dry your scalp out too. Rosemary essential oil would be better.

peace

Zara 'Babu' Binns
@zara-babu-binns
11 years ago
11 posts

ok thanks Tim, i'll use that instead

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form