Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

are these ingredients usable?

Ojas Acharya
@ojas-acharya
11 years ago
172 posts

hey guys, okay i found this soap that contains the following things...

1. sodium cocoate

2. water

3. sodium palmate

4.glycerine

5. talc

6. paraffin wax

7. perfume

8. orange oil

9. patchouli oil

10. palmarosa oil

11. cinnamon leaf oil

12. wild ginger oil

13. sandalwood oil

14. lime peel oil

15. colour CI 12740, CI 61565. (have no idea what this is)

okay it says that its a 100% herbal handmade soap. is that true? is this soap good enough for me to use ? is this paraffin wax same as "that" wax..?

would love to get ur feedbacks on this. any help will be greatly appreciated :)

updated by @ojas-acharya: 01/13/15 09:50:05PM
Baba Fats
@baba-fats
11 years ago
2,702 posts

Paraffinwax is basically plasmic gasoline. It's unbelievably flamable. If you fill 1 hole in an egg carton with it, it will burn for hours and hours. It's great for camping if you can't start a fire. It's NEVER good to use on your hair. And if smoke anything, or like bon fires, you better stop if you plan to use that stuff. Unless you want to bekindling.

Sodium cocoate is ok. it's a salt made from sodium hydroxide and coconut oils. It's a detergent, basically. But safer than SLS and SDS.

The lime peel oil is something else to stay away from. Lime and lemon are citric acid. This acid, while not extremely strong, is strong enough to seep into your hair shaft and degrade it from the inside out. That is why people use it to lighten their hair. That lightening is how the damage manifests itself.

And the Cl 12740 and cl 61565 are similar to acridine dyes. These dyes have been banned by the CFTA in cosmetics for how unsafe they are. They build up in your system and cause cancers and extremely damaging disorders.

Ojas Acharya
@ojas-acharya
11 years ago
172 posts

Wow! thank u so much baba fats for all that info. never used this soap. just was curious if i could use it. ur reply certainly helped.

and i sure dont wanna catch fire. haha

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form