Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

The Beginning of an Adventure

Dylan Sarrasin
@dylan-sarrasin
11 years ago
1 posts

I am currently about 1 week into my natural dreading journey and beyond thankful to have found this site. I began looking into getting dreads because of my wife who has wanted them for many years now and if you would ask her she would tell you, when I get into something I dive in headfirst and learn as much as I possibly can. So like a good dread head wannabe I clicked the first link I found on google and began reading. That link was to DreadheadHQ and I was swayed by Johnny Kleans salesmanship. I proceeded to buy the locking accelerator and the dread wax. Fortunately for me I have a wife who is involved with my finances otherwise I would probably be sitting here right now having wasted over 100 dollars on products that I was never going to use again and wouldnt be able to morally sell to someone else knowing full well the damage it would cause.

Being the type of person I am when I want something I find it really hard to wait. Constantly immersing myself in my latest obsession doesnt help but only puts a stronger need to pursue whatever it is I am focussed on. A lot of people have posted about their dreadlocks leading them to a spiritual experience and at first I thought it was kind of silly that hair could teach anybody anything. But even in the beginning stages of this process I can already sense that the lesson my dreads will be teaching me is patience. Given the fact that I have fairly straight hair I know that this process will take longer than someone with curly hair. This is part of the reason why I was so ready to go for wax and backcombing, because it is pretty much instant dreads.

The thing I really like most about the dreading community is the fact that people are so understanding and there is no judgement. Whether someone has come here from backcombing, crocheting, or any other harmful techniques you guys understand and are willing to take people under your wing and show them the way. Not only are people accepting of that but also it doesnt matter what skin colour you have, if your big or small, or what religion you have, everyone here is related to each other because of their dreads. As a Christian that is something particular hard to find in this world. A group of people who are understanding and tolerant of other people and it truly is a shame that you cant find that anywhere else. Anyways thanks for taking the time to read this and I hope that it resonates with all of you in some way hope you all have an awesome day.

updated by @dylan-sarrasin: 02/20/18 06:15:13PM
Ojas Acharya
@ojas-acharya
11 years ago
172 posts

Welcome brother.. ANOTHER HEAD SAVED FROM ALL THAT NASTY CRAP...!! :) u are at the right place bro.. dreads are gonna bring patience, tolerance and an open n broader perspective to ur life.. not to mention the positivity and the spiritual inclination..

just dont be in a hurry and let ur hair do whatever they wanna do. good luck :]

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form