Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Hello, I'm a new natural Dready

Brit Alexandria Sims
@brit-alexandria-sims
12 years ago
2 posts

Hey everyone, Just found this site a couple weeks ago and has been my go to place for research while I wait for my natural dreads to take shape.

This is my hair when I started not brushing. I originally used normal shampoo. I know, terribly mistake, but (1) I didn't have anything else and (2) I didn't know as much as I do now.

This is what my hair looks like three weeks later! I have switched to just a bar of soap and am waiting for Dr. Bronners in the mail. :)

So far, they are forming miny dreads which I like.

Any advice?

updated by @brit-alexandria-sims: 02/05/15 10:12:49AM
Baba Fats
@baba-fats
12 years ago
2,702 posts

They look amazing. Let them be. They will congo and form thicker locks in time. If you want them to be thin, just separate them more. Check out my video on separating.

Do you have hard or soft water? Dr. Bronner's doesn't work well in hard water.

Brit Alexandria Sims
@brit-alexandria-sims
12 years ago
2 posts

I am pretty sure we have soft water because a friend of mine already uses Dr. Bronners and she loves it. Just in case, I bought baking soda and apple cider vinegar yesterday.

Baba Fats
@baba-fats
12 years ago
2,702 posts

Excellent.

I used Dr. B's for 5 years and never had a problem. Then switched to the BS/ACV wash for a few months. Now I use the dreadlockshampoo bars.

You'll love the Dr. B's. But if you ever want to check them out. dreadlockhampoo,com makes excellent soaps

Ahil Ganesan
@ahil-ganesan
12 years ago
53 posts
I just recieved 3 soaps from dreadlock shampoo this morning. Worth the money. Absolutely amazing and will make your hair smell great the while day.
Mons
@mons
12 years ago
518 posts
That's awesome progress. They're going to be awesome!
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form