Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

NATURAL CONGOS, POST YOUR PICS!!!

Castaway J
@castaway-j
12 years ago
585 posts

carly i mean the sections of hair that have not taken to locking yet that remain the longest sections. bead em up, or tie em up with hemp string or emroidery string to help them if you want.

updated by @castaway-j: 07/23/15 03:46:06PM
Mons
@mons
12 years ago
518 posts

The bald looking spots are most likely just from the way your dreads are laying. As new hair grows in, it won't be like that. It happens a lot with larger dreads

Baba Fats
@baba-fats
12 years ago
2,702 posts

That will lock up in time. I see what you are saying. Some locks have up to 3 inches of straight hair at the roots. It's not a bad thing at all. That lock may shrink a little as it tightens up up there. But it will

Carly Lavallee
@carly-lavallee
12 years ago
30 posts

yeah i dont really care about the new growth on top and bottom i kinda like it, it is just the way one formed on the back of my head and it just taking up a lot of hair around and there is no other dreads too close to it so that lil gap between them looks care/bald. I usally take one of my front ones and fling it back to cover up that bare/bald spot.

Derek2
@dreadedhyena
12 years ago
37 posts

I don't think you have a bald spot. I had...have...had...the same issue as you. It's still there, it comes and goes. I drove my friend almost insane with the constant worry that I was going massively bald in the back. It's in fact just a strange part between sections, and I hear it will fill it eventually. My friends kept taking pictures of the back of my head when they could, and showing me...as proof I wasnt going bald. I no longer think it's a bald spot...just...the strange dance of the dreadlocks. c'est la vie.

Sunflower
@sunflower
12 years ago
95 posts

When I get two or three dreadsCongoand I cant rip them apart, I usually make a hole at the root and get it as much through between the dreads as possible, then I cut the hair in between them :) It's better than ripping hard I think though it doesn't hurt and the hair is still healthy together :) but I only have to do that if I have been lazy and let them form together..

So instead of cutting your entire hair, just maybe cut between the ones which you don't necessarily want joined up together :) But I have also a "bald" spot in the back like you, so I think it's normal :P

/ 3
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form