dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Better late than never

Rebekah Shupe
@rebekah-shupe
12 years ago
22 posts

baby britt said:

yay! people are silly and they like to judge things without ever experiencing them firsthand. your dreads will be lovely =)

updated by @rebekah-shupe: 07/23/15 07:30:54PM
Phoenix
@phoenix
12 years ago
20 posts
LOL... People are soooooo damn ignorant! LOL! It's annoying but also really funny too! I think people take rumor and assumption as fact and don't try to do any thinking for themselves...... Gotta love the sheeple! :) My dreads are doing GREAT this time around! Thanks for asking! :) I let them naturally seperate themselves at first and then T&R'ed the sections... Then left them alone to do their thing! They're 5 months old now and are knotting up really fast! For my hair type I think T&R was the best choice. Ive found that the baking soda/ ACV wash helped my hair knot up the fastest! But, the soaps/ shampoos from dreadlockshampoo.com are awesome as well! And, beads have been great for sections that have been slow to dread or that try to eat up the other sections around them.

Rebekah Shupe said:

Yeah, me too. I'm up in Roy, it's about 10 minutes away from Ogden. I've already heard a bunch of shit, and the funny thing is, no one has seen my "dreads". They've just seen a FB post and heard that I'm doing them, and it's already been decided that they're dirty, ugly, and something about lice. *face palm* People are nuts for sure! So how are your dreads this time around? Are things going better for you?

Rebekah Shupe
@rebekah-shupe
12 years ago
22 posts

Nice :) I've used the baking soda wash and the ACV. I've got some liquid shampoo coming in the mail from that site, I'm excited to see how it works with mine. I am super excited to be able to play with beads and fabric and stuff in my dreads once they get farther along.

Phoenix
@phoenix
12 years ago
20 posts
Right on! Well, I hope you like that shampoo! They've got kickass products! Dont know if youve seen it yet but dreadlockshampoo.com just added a special "Lock Magic" gel (I think that's what it's called) that sounds pretty promising! Its supposed to be great for newer dreads! I ordered some and will prob add a review on what I think bout it! There's a thread where SE talks about it. I'd recommend checking it out if ya haven't already! Bytheway, I can see why your excited to add beads n stuff to your dreadies! :) I love making/ finding cool beads for mine... it adds character! :P

Rebekah Shupe said:

Nice :) I've used the baking soda wash and the ACV. I've got some liquid shampoo coming in the mail from that site, I'm excited to see how it works with mine. I am super excited to be able to play with beads and fabric and stuff in my dreads once they get farther along.

Rebekah Shupe
@rebekah-shupe
12 years ago
22 posts

I actually ordered some of that locking gel. We'll see how it works :)

Baba Fats
@baba-fats
12 years ago
2,702 posts

Welcome. Phoenix, already said it, but I'll reiterate. Growing locks is a wonderful test in patience. Don't give up on them. We've all been where you are, so we all know the different stages you'll go through. The unraveling, the stagnant phase, the itchy phase, everything. Don't be afraid to post questions or concerns you've got.

And the patience you get from your locks will transfer over to your life in the terms of how you deal with problems with your kids, job, etc.

Good luck. Keep us posted

/ 2
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form