Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Argan Oil shampoo

Heather
@heather
13 years ago
1,291 posts

dimethicone is a silicone. its used in hair products to coat the cuticles of the hair for smoothness and manageability. it really isn't good for anyones hair because it causes build up and it should definitely be avoided for dreads. a wash with a clarifying shampoo would be a better option. just avoid ingredients that end in -cone.

Keith Lackey
@keith-lackey
13 years ago
62 posts

Yeah when the lady said it helps with moisturizing ( I asked her about stuff for dry scalp), I was thinking about it conditioning too. From using the ACV once a week I think that was too much and caused my hair to loosen up. It could have been from the natural process to since my dreads were just beginning but I stopped using it altogether. She then took me to some ethnic shampoo which she was probably just trying to be helpful, but on the bottle it stated for medium to coarse hair textures and I don't think my hair is that texture.

Sarah Smeester said:

I have te argon oil shampoo and I use it every few weeks and it works just fine for me :) my dreads are locking up good but it seems to be kind of conditioning so that's why I only use it a little bit :)
Keith Lackey
@keith-lackey
13 years ago
62 posts

Yeah when I read about dimethicone I found out it was a plastic. That got me thinking about all the ingredients in food that people don't know the meaning of. We're probably eating plastic too.

Heather said:

dimethicone is a silicone. its used in hair products to coat the cuticles of the hair for smoothness and manageability. it really isn't good for anyones hair because it causes build up and it should definitely be avoided for dreads. a wash with a clarifying shampoo would be a better option. just avoid ingredients that end in -cone.

/ 2
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form