Hey.

XD

updated by @thesilentrebellion: 07/10/15 09:17:31PM
TheSilentRebellion
@thesilentrebellion
13 years ago
24 posts

I'll look into that! :-D
I used to feel the same way :-( Used to live about 50m from the Indian Ocean... Not anymore though. I miss it terribly.

What ocean do you live by?

AstaNord said:

The sea really does wonders for hair! i heard someone mention mixing storebought seasalt with hot water, letting it cool and spraying it in to give almost the same effect? not sure tho, look around so you can avoid putting nasty things in your hair ;)

Really i couldn't ever imagine living somewhere with no sea :) to me it seems like a necessity for survival! <3

welcome! :)

TheSilentRebellion said:

Yeah, that's the conclusion I ended up coming to! I wish I had the ocean nearby... I guess I'll have to make sure to travel to places with beaches more often! :-P

soaringeagle said:

welcome well no u never want to use wax or crochet in fact going in the oceanh alot and not caring about keeping them orderly is the best thing for them

crochet is a disaster

your freinds who said u need wax dont have a clue and what real dreads are i guess

meg ☮
@meg
13 years ago
92 posts
You do?! =O

TheSilentRebellion said:

I know you! :-O

:-P

meg said:

Hey.

XD

Steaze McGee
@steaze-mcgee
13 years ago
40 posts

Raph I love philosophy, though I haven't read Foucault, Latour or Heidegger. I have read a lot of Nietzsche, I love Lao Tzu and Dostoevsky is my man. Philosophy should never be fully academic though. When this occurs it loses its real function, and that is that it should be not a guide external from us but an actual way of life throughout us. Schopenhauer and Nietzsche both despised academia for turning philosophy into history.

Welcome!

TheSilentRebellion
@thesilentrebellion
13 years ago
24 posts

Heh! Cool! I've read some Nietzsche quotes, but never read much of his writing. Should probably do that! Seems interesting :-) I personally really enjoy the comparison of Foucault's society of discipline vs Deleuze's society of control. It's something I had to write about for a course at one point, and I can't get over how interesting the arguments are.

I recently heard a podcast about Dostoevsky's "Beauty will save the world" Idea... Very interesting stuff. I love it, and love the think/argue about it xD

Philosophy, in a sense, and in my opinion, should/could be the thoughts of any/every(body) about how the world functions, and it's ridiculous to rely solely on academia and it's incredibly restrictive parameters for such a potentially broad range of thoughts! :-D

And... thanks!

Steaze McGee said:

Raph I love philosophy, though I haven't read Foucault, Latour or Heidegger. I have read a lot of Nietzsche, I love Lao Tzu and Dostoevsky is my man. Philosophy should never be fully academic though. When this occurs it loses its real function, and that is that it should be not a guide external from us but an actual way of life throughout us. Schopenhauer and Nietzsche both despised academia for turning philosophy into history.

Welcome!

TheSilentRebellion
@thesilentrebellion
13 years ago
24 posts
I do! Crazy, huh? xD

meg said:
You do?! =O

TheSilentRebellion said:

I know you! :-O

:-P

meg said:

Hey.

XD

TheSilentRebellion
@thesilentrebellion
13 years ago
24 posts
Well, I found it: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Baltic_Sea_map.png ! I actually sailed there when I was very young! My family had a Norwegian friend who had a sailboat and brought us sailing from Norway, to Denmark, to Sweden! An amazingly beautiful trip! Loved it sooo much :-) I've also been to Copenhagen, so I guess the train we used to get there crossed on a ferry across the Kattegat? Really fun trip, by the way. Copenhagen was one of my favorite stops during the month-long trip we made!

AstaNord said:
I live in Denmark, right now i would say... Kattegat. No idea what that is in english. used to live by the eastern sea tho, most beautiful place in the world i think :)

TheSilentRebellion said:

I'll look into that! :-D
I used to feel the same way :-( Used to live about 50m from the Indian Ocean... Not anymore though. I miss it terribly.

What ocean do you live by?

AstaNord said:

The sea really does wonders for hair! i heard someone mention mixing storebought seasalt with hot water, letting it cool and spraying it in to give almost the same effect? not sure tho, look around so you can avoid putting nasty things in your hair ;)

Really i couldn't ever imagine living somewhere with no sea :) to me it seems like a necessity for survival! <3

welcome! :)

TheSilentRebellion said:

Yeah, that's the conclusion I ended up coming to! I wish I had the ocean nearby... I guess I'll have to make sure to travel to places with beaches more often! :-P

soaringeagle said:

welcome well no u never want to use wax or crochet in fact going in the oceanh alot and not caring about keeping them orderly is the best thing for them

crochet is a disaster

your freinds who said u need wax dont have a clue and what real dreads are i guess

Steaze McGee
@steaze-mcgee
13 years ago
40 posts

Nietzsche begins Beyond Good and Evil with a question. "If truth was a woman, what then?" Well if she was a woman none of these philosophers today, he says, would not be able to handle truth because they cannot handle a woman. They do not know how to talk to women. ---- It really makes one think about what Nietzsche is philosophizing about.

I do not know where Dostoevsky said "beauty will save the world" and if you can point me to it Raph I would be grateful. The tight thing though is there is a Platonic dialogue that deals directly with the questions of Beauty and Love. This dialogue is the Symposium. In the Symposium Socrates tells us that he is taught everything he knows about love by a woman named Diotima. She has a speech that is of the day Aphrodite, the goddess of Beauty, is born. She goes on to say Love was conceived on the same day. Love it seems is always to chase/follow Beauty. The strange thing is that philosophy is the highest form of love, it is the Love of Wisdom. I always wonder to myself if Wisdom is not the most beautiful thing there is. I think Socrates may say so.

This all really leads to one area of question. How many people have left behind Beauty when the went out and sought Wisdom? How many did not approach the knowledge of the world with a passion, with love?

Heh! Cool! I've read some Nietzsche quotes, but never read much of his writing. Should probably do that! Seems interesting :-) I personally really enjoy the comparison of Foucault's society of discipline vs Deleuze's society of control. It's something I had to write about for a course at one point, and I can't get over how interesting the arguments are.

I recently heard a podcast about Dostoevsky's "Beauty will save the world" Idea... Very interesting stuff. I love it, and love the think/argue about it xD

Philosophy, in a sense, and in my opinion, should/could be the thoughts of any/every(body) about how the world functions, and it's ridiculous to rely solely on academia and it's incredibly restrictive parameters for such a potentially broad range of thoughts! :-D

And... thanks!

Steaze McGee said:

Welcome!

Steaze McGee
@steaze-mcgee
13 years ago
40 posts
What books are you referring to with the Foucault and Deleuze? Really though i am looking for a starting point for Foucault.
supp
@supp
13 years ago
81 posts
Hahahaha anti corruption seems like it would be impossible in those countries (considering it still occurs in modern western countries)

/ 3

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form