Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

new to dreads- questions about orphan hairs, ends, and maintenance- and a big thank you!

crunchymama
@crunchymama
14 years ago
4 posts
Many thanks to everyone for their responses!Washing is not an issue then. My fear was that I was rinsing out the dreads, but what I'm getting now is that as long as I don't mess with them and don't separate them more than once a week (got to stop fiddling with the back!!) they should continue to form up. And yeah, Katie, I always had that experience too- if it's tangled and you get it wet, it gets worse, not better. I "get" that hair itself is rarely dirty, it's the oils from the scalp that make it so- so I've been following no-poo methods for about 3 months now. The baking soda and water mix works great for my scalp. I use maybe 1 part baking soda to 5 parts water, i just eye it, mix it up in a shampoo bottle and leave it on the side of the tub. When I want to wash I squirt it directly onto my (usually dry at that point) scalp. I don't ever try to wash my hair, just my scalp and the hair that lays on my head and comes into contact with it- anything longer than that I leave alone. Very little scrubbing is required. I don't let it sit either, as I don't have nay yucky build up I'm trying to get rid of- just rub it in, rinse it out. I also found that, for me the ACV rinse with every wash would leave a residue, so I only use it maybe every other wash? Most of the problems I see people having with baking soda or acv would be solved by following dr bronner's advice- dilute dilute dilute!
updated by @crunchymama: 07/13/15 10:01:37AM
Katie Murphy
@katie-murphy
14 years ago
30 posts
Firstly, I wasn't trying to say that you were lying, just pointing out what I have observed on my own. And guess what, i HAVE NATURAL BABY DREADS as well.

/ 2
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form