Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Greetings from Western England

Gazzunger the Grey
@gazzunger-the-grey
6 years ago
91 posts

Hi to all you dreadies,   I've been lurking around this site for a good while, getting good inspiration and advice.  I started neglecting almost a year ago,

but still had to keep hair up.  Let hair down about 6 months ago and dreading has started slowly but surely.  

Those familiar loops are trying to take over but I'm trying to keep dreads from getting to fat and blunt.

Also considering beard dreads... anyone else had any joy here.. (SE I seem to recall you have a few?)

updated by @gazzunger-the-grey: 10/03/18 03:14:48AM
FemalePheromones
@femalepheromones
6 years ago
414 posts

Hey, where abouts in western England are you? I'm in Oxford. There aren't many UK based people on here.

--
I'm on Twitter @FemalePheromone
and Instagram @FemalePheromones
Gazzunger the Grey
@gazzunger-the-grey
6 years ago
91 posts

Hi Female Phermone.... I'm down in far west Cornwall, yes we seem a rare species. Found this site good advice on dreading the slow and relaxed way...we do things "Dreckly"

down here. 

Gazzunger the Grey
@gazzunger-the-grey
6 years ago
91 posts

Hi SE and all dreadsters reading... have a few Qs.

Have some nice little loops forming, but some seem to really tying these loops up further into what could be quite short fat dreads... can I stop these getting real short or will they thin out again eventually?

Have one large dread at the back (about as thick as your thumb) with lots of kinks. I like it, but the base/scalp seems to have pulled in hair from the base of my neck up to 1/2 way up the back of my head.  My concerns are

1. the base is too large an area and could lead to an oversize kong  

2. such a kong could be prone to dread mould.

any thoughts/advice welcome.

Panther
@panther
6 years ago
44 posts

@femalepheromones: born in London, raised in Kent, grew up in Suffolk, now living in Europe. Greetings from a fellow Brit!

FemalePheromones
@femalepheromones
6 years ago
414 posts

As the hair dreads they do shrink in length and get fatter. From all the pictures I've seen it looks like by the 1 year mark everyone's hair is aboyut half the length that it was before they started dreading. Only after that does your hair really start to put some length back on.

Also, my in laws live in Cornwall. I was down there a few weeks ago. They're in Helston.

--
FemalePheromones
@femalepheromones
6 years ago
414 posts

As the hair dreads they do shrink in length and get fatter. From all the pictures I've seen it looks like by the 1 year mark everyone's hair is aboyut half the length that it was before they started dreading. Only after that does your hair really start to put some length back on.

Also, my in laws live in Cornwall. I was down there a few weeks ago. They're in Helston.

--
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form