Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

scalp gunk, really annoying, tried everything

Stephani
@stephani
12 years ago
70 posts
Oh no!! : my next suggestion would be to look for something that is sulfate free then. (br/>br/> Valrie said:

Actually, I was just looking at the ingredients for the Bronners and they ALL have coconut oil in them. Oi!

updated by @stephani: 07/23/15 03:30:46PM
Valérie
@valrie
12 years ago
539 posts

Saw this in the shop listings here but it would be good to get some feedback. I don't see coconut oil in it...:

http://www.abeni.co.uk/ourshop/prod_758060-DREADLOCK-LIQUID-SHAMPOO.html

Stephani
@stephani
12 years ago
70 posts
I think it sounds okay except that panthenol is listed in it's ingredients. Panthenol pours a waxy coat on the hair, which causes it to look shiny and healthy. Panthenol can build up over time. I've seen people with so much panthenol coating that their hair could literally melt to candle wax just by flatironing it :(. I'll do some looking today and see what I can find. I have some appt's this morning, but I'll definitely look this afternoon.br/>
Valrie said:

Saw this in the shop listings here but it would be good to get some feedback. I don't see coconut oil in it...:

http://www.abeni.co.uk/ourshop/prod_758060-DREADLOCK-LIQUID-SHAMPOO.html" target="_blank"> http://www.abeni.co.uk/ourshop/prod_758060-DREADLOCK-LIQUID-SHAMPOO...

Baba Fats
@baba-fats
12 years ago
2,702 posts

you say that distilled water does work? This might seem dumb, but I promise I'm not trying to becondescending, but how, exactly, are you distilling your water?

And I think Jenna brings up a good point. Is it chalky or oily? That was my first question, I'm glad someone else thought of it, too. Chalky would definitely be the BS, but oily could be your natural oils building up.

I was having trouble with the dreadlockshampoo soaps leaving a residue in my hair. I just contacted Vicky and asked her if she could make me a soap with no olive oil in it. She made me a bar of body wash with only the smallest amount of oil. I haven't tried it on my locks yet, but it was awesome as a normal soap. It's worth a shot to contact her and ask. Explain where you are from and that your water type is definitely different than it is here in the states

Lapis Angela Lazuli
@lapis-angela-lazuli
12 years ago
76 posts
Maybe deep clensing with clarifying shampoo will do the trick?
Harriet
@harriet
12 years ago
57 posts

Thanks all so much for your suggestions!!

and its kinda a bit of both, some times is chalky and some time its a bit oily :( it comes and goes though like sometimes after a wash i hardly have any then other times after i wash it theres loads. i had really curly hair though before i started my dreads so i only used to wash it about twice a week anyway three times maximum if it was really dirty

i might try theNeutrogena Shampoo Anti-Residue Formula thingy like once a month see if that makes a difference.

/ 2
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form