Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

i have 15 dreads how to put them back in?

Alden
@alden
13 years ago
303 posts
I've reattached set after set of dreads, starting with my brothers dreads. I've developed a bit of a technique, but it takes a lot longer than TnR or back combing. I start a new set of dreads, then let them mature for a few months. I try to speed up their development by sleeping on a wool pillow case, spraying with sea salt water, and waring a wool tam around the house.Once they've tightened to the point that I don't worry about them coming undone in the shower or when I'm messing around with them hardcore. Then I do about what SE and Personal Jesus said; comb out the tip of the new dreads, and comb out the root of the old dreads. Then mash and mesh them together.Now, instead of using a crochet hook (because of the damage it can cause) I use a yarn darner and thread. A yarn darner is a big ass sewing needle meant for sewing with yarn. I use it because the eye of the needle is so much bigger than a regular sewing needle so it's easier to thread.I thread the needle with a piece of thread, making a loop coming out of one side of the needles eye. Then pull a little piece of hair (just a few strands) thru the loop of thread. Pull the loop of thread back out of the eye of the needle, and it threads your hair into the eye. Then just push the needle thru the dread to literally sew them together.You'll obviously want to be sewing the loose hair of the new dread into the knotted hair of the old dread, and the loose hair of the old dread into the knotted hair of the new dread.Don't stress over getting every little hair sewn in, that would take hours longer than this extremely long process needs. Once you've gotten enough sewn in, in both directions, that they don't separate when you give them a firm tug you'll want to just mass the joint even more. Palm roll it, ringer it hardcore, do whatever you can to knot it up best possible. Then you'll want to wrap the joint or bead it. I'd recommend wrapping in 100% wool yarn.Wool will help dread the joint because wool transfers charged electrons for neutral, basically making static electricity, and that will encourage movement. You don't want to put anything in your hair to help it dread, unless it's a natural tonic (like those found on this site). But realistically, all you'll need is time and patience.KthnxBYE
updated by @alden: 07/23/15 04:01:44PM
freddie
@freddie
13 years ago
9 posts
wow that sounds kinda of complex
Alden
@alden
13 years ago
303 posts
Eh, it's a simple process once to you understand how it works, but you'll have to try it out a few times to figure out how it works best for you. It sounds a lot more complicated than it is, but it'll be harder to understand until you give it a shot.
freddie
@freddie
13 years ago
9 posts
its sounds legit ill read it over again and see if i can try it ty for your help

/ 2
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form