Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

dreaddy family in need of all sorts of advice

amethyst777
@amethyst777
11 years ago
95 posts

I'm sorry I made you feel like I was looking down my nose at you. I guess you are in the same situation I was in. It was one of the worst experiences of my life, it was my whole family and extended family that came around us. One of my sister's kids ended up really sick from them, the Dr. said he was allergic to the actual lice. My daughter had a reaction to the treatment shampoo, but it wasn't near as bad as the lice, so I'd do it the same way again.
I do apologise for making you feel bad. I wanted to put it out there strongly because it can effect other people besides you. Even the person that might be standing in line beside you at the grocery store. I know people here push "all natural", but when it comes to something like this, I think a one time dose of chemicals does a lot less damage than the bugs, and keeps other people from going through the same misery. Like I said, I lost friends over it, because I refused to put myself, my kids, or my extended family through it again, and all they had to do was take care of it. They could have been gone in a day...

According to Web MD, a site that makes absolutely no profit from lice shampoo..
Lice are a parasite and considered an infection.
Sores on the head, neck, shoulders, can also become infected.
and...
" Occlusion therapy, nit combing, and hair removal have not been proven to be fully effective in completely eradicating head lice.

Home remedies that have been tried include vinegar, mayonnaise, petroleum jelly, olive oil, butter, rubbing alcohol, and prolonged water submersion. These all fail to eliminate infestation, because these therapies do not kill all of the eggs or lice. This is believed due to the specialized way the parasite "breathes."

I've never made a negative posts in the year that I've been part of the site, I've never looked down on anybody in my life. It just seemed that you were worrying about other dready issues, when before any of that you need to get the lice gone, for your families sake and the people around you....

updated by @amethyst777: 07/23/15 03:22:55PM

/ 3
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form