Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Surviving the Awkward stage!

Vinny
@vinny
14 years ago
82 posts
I always kept a bandanna around my head for that stage. It worked pretty well for me and kept them outta the way and half out of sight. Backcombed dreads look so funny in the beginning i couldn't imagine walking around without something to make them behave.The only down side to the bandanna was that my peers began referring to me as captain jack. It probably didn't help that the bandanna was purchased at a ren fair and it hung down to the middle of my back
updated by @vinny: 07/24/15 12:33:18PM
Euphorian
@euphorian
14 years ago
20 posts
every stages are precious even mature dread still have loose hair reminise the process
Euphorian
@euphorian
14 years ago
20 posts
but yet you still survive thats great!! Sister Rags said:
My whole life is an awkward stage, haha.
IllumiKnotty
@illumiknotty
14 years ago
212 posts
i am in my "awkward" stage but i dont cover up my hair i love every fiber of my being ^^
iluvblutak
@iluvblutak
14 years ago
18 posts
I'm very much in the awkward phase and i agree with wearing tams etc as much as possible, the wool really helps, i wear one to bed and try and wear them as much as possible during the day, you can notice the difference straight away. and then the plus side of that is if u dont want people seeing ur hair when its being difficult they cant coz its in a tam!
Iain
@iain
14 years ago
844 posts
dazed.jpg I've come a long way,, lolI stopped noticing myself though,
updated by @iain: 02/05/15 10:12:49AM
IllumiKnotty
@illumiknotty
14 years ago
212 posts
yeah its a journey. one that can finally be understood and appreciated
Brandon2
@brandon2
14 years ago
4 posts
I am still in my awkward stage and it's crazy cuz I'm going the natural way (wax is the devil) and I basically just wet them and palm roll dry and grease them with olive oil but the be lookin Hellas crazy and be sticking up every which way possible and when I wrap them up they just look frizzy and pressed to my scalp but I love em

/ 2
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form